tips for doing a jetta 2002

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shaver

How are you shrinking the back glass? I found on bad curves, you have to be creative sometimes on where you shrink, and move the fingers around.

Guest thatsnappyguy
How are you shrinking the back glass? I found on bad curves, you have to be creative sometimes on where you shrink, and move the fingers around.

:cool I think its a lil soon for you to be giving advise. and by creative, dont you mean, a window tinter. this guy is not a window tinter. he is just some kid that hussled some tint from some shop that im sure one of his freinds works at...which im sure that they are waiting for him to bring his car in and get it dont the right way. a jetta doesnt need much heat, but I would love to see some close up picks of every window.

:lol I think its a lil soon for you to be giving advise. and by creative, dont you mean, a window tinter. this guy is not a window tinter. he is just some kid that hussled some tint from some shop that im sure one of his freinds works at...which im sure that they are waiting for him to bring his car in and get it dont the right way. a jetta doesnt need much heat, but I would love to see some close up picks of every window.

Thanks alot for those kind words. Im not just some kid that got some tint from a friend that works at at tint shop. I am actually taking a course and doing an internship from a guy named rick at solar solutions. I also got some film from johnson and some suntek on order. I don't really like the way this forum is set up. Its all pros that just belittle all of these new and up-comers.... Anyways. I would be more than happy to put some pics up of my jetta that I tinted myself. And for the backglass, I anchored the film to the window with a horizontal line. I started at the bottom and after I heated up the fingers, I would go over them with a teflon hard card and they would shrink down and lay flat on the glass. Also, I have done three cars for people now and feel that Im just getting a little bit more comfortable. A 2007 honda CR-V and a 2008 Pontiac G6. Im sure that you started somewhere and werent a professional out of the womb. So Please dont shoot someone down when they are giving me tips. Everything is considered. I don't think that Im better than everyone so I listen. Thats why I have 2 ears and Just one mouth. I don't know what the problem is with wanting to learn more and considering tips. So Please, Don't judge a person and their work by their contribution to a forum and by the questions that they are asking.

Guest djtekk707

Thatz rite no iz perfect when you start out! I spent endless nights after work learning how to shrink a back glass, hey dude if you have anymore questions that you would like answered the best way possible with out being made fun of send me a PM or write me and email at the address below.

getitdarker@gmail.com

Hey, Get it Darker and vdubtc..... If You want to reap the benefits of this board, You HAVE to put up with some ribbing. Believe Me, its worth it, and after a month or so they will forget your a noob....as long as You dont ask stupid questions... :lol

Hang in there..... :lol

Guest shaver

blink.png I think its a lil soon for you to be giving advise. and by creative, dont you mean, a window tinter. this guy is not a window tinter. he is just some kid that hussled some tint from some shop that im sure one of his freinds works at...which im sure that they are waiting for him to bring his car in and get it dont the right way. a jetta doesnt need much heat, but I would love to see some close up picks of every window.

You could be right...I am younger than you to the game. But after shrinking the windshield of a trailblazer 3 times the "right" way (that didn't work), and then changing things...I figured out that is the only way to shrink it...by getting creative with it. Oh, and that boat that had curves like Jessica Beal...that wasn't normal either, but I tinted it. He asked for advice, I threw in what I used from my experience. Fair enough? I don't care if he's a tinter, or a porta potty installer...he's trying to learn...I shared my knowledge.

Oh, and for the comment on this forum...I've caught some slack a few times...let it roll off your back. I've found thus far that everyone knows everything all the time. Laugh it off!

Archived