little bubbles normal?

Guest bwdf561

Guest bwdf561

Had my house windows tinted almost one month ago with panarama slate 10. anyways they look pretty good, but my question is regarding bubbles. At night I can see little bubbles around the edges of the tint on most of the windows. These bubbles or whatever they are really arent visable during the day, and at night I have to get pretty close to see them. Is this normal? or is this a bad install. The installer said he would fix any problems but I have been hesitant to call since I wasnt sure if it was a problem.

thanks for the help

Guest mikeMN
Had my house windows tinted almost one month ago with panarama slate 10. anyways they look pretty good, but my question is regarding bubbles. At night I can see little bubbles around the edges of the tint on most of the windows. These bubbles or whatever they are really arent visable during the day, and at night I have to get pretty close to see them. Is this normal? or is this a bad install. The installer said he would fix any problems but I have been hesitant to call since I wasnt sure if it was a problem.

thanks for the help

Sounds like contamination under the film as you will see this better at night with the back reflection of the film it should have dried by now so it is unlikely that it is water. And with the location of this that you have described.DIRT :wall

how far out on the edges? If you have to really stare to see it then don't worry about it. I have had people concerned about such things, but they were afraid that it would get BIGGER with time and they will NOT.

Guest bwdf561
what kind of frames are on the windows?

As for the windows they are dual pane, the frames seem to be hard plastic or aluminum but im not sure. They are the usual kind ive seen in new homes, white in color. After looking at the window more it seems the bubbles are not just around the edges but all over the window in various places (around the edges in more numbers though). Some windows have more then others. Im thinking small specks of dirt also, but I watched him clean them well so I dont know how there could be so much specks. Some windows dont look to bad and some really stand out at nite. Im really not to concerned with em since im putting up blinds next week. I just mainly wanted to know if this could be a bad install, or a common thing with dirt gettin underneath?

As for the windows they are dual pane, the frames seem to be hard plastic or aluminum but im not sure. They are the usual kind ive seen in new homes, white in color. After looking at the window more it seems the bubbles are not just around the edges but all over the window in various places (around the edges in more numbers though). Some windows have more then others. Im thinking small specks of dirt also, but I watched him clean them well so I dont know how there could be so much specks. Some windows dont look to bad and some really stand out at nite. Im really not to concerned with em since im putting up blinds next week. I just mainly wanted to know if this could be a bad install, or a common thing with dirt gettin underneath?

Its contamination. If there is a lot of specks in one area of the edge, then it is an installation problem. Some windows are difficult to install b/c of all the constrution that goes on after the windows are installed. The film will not get worse, typically, but it is up to you if it bothers you. You also have to remember there will be contamination in all installs, but it should be minimal. A speck here and there, but not 10 specks in one small area. Whenever the window gets wet along the edges, the water pulls debris into the film.

Guest GabesWindowTinting.com

Its contamination. If there is a lot of specks in one area of the edge, then it is an installation problem. Some windows are difficult to install b/c of all the constrution that goes on after the windows are installed. The film will not get worse, typically, but it is up to you if it bothers you. You also have to remember there will be contamination in all installs, but it should be minimal. A speck here and there, but not 10 specks in one small area. Whenever the window gets wet along the edges, the water pulls debris into the film.

Hit it right on the head.

Archived