Does it even exist?

Guest Contribute22

Guest Contribute22

I've been researching and calling around for a little less than a month and no shop seems to be able to give me a straight answer, which worries me.

I've read several treads from others and have been blown away by the amount of knowledge you all have so I'm really hoping some of you could help me.

I'm in Atlanta, Ga and have a 08 Lancer GTS with all the bells and whistles. Tire sensors, Nav, Bluetooth and push button starting. The legal tint is 32% (which I'd like to stay around) and I've been looking for a nice black (or Smoke grey or Charcoal) looking tint that will give me privacy but still have high heat rejection. The higher the better, its hot in GA. Many of the shops have tried to push their Huper optik, Suntek Ultravision DS, and 3M Crystallines on me because they have the exact type of heat rejection I'm looking for but like you all know they are all clear and have no darkness to them. I have no problem paying for quality, I'll save up if I have to just have a good product with a warranty that looks great and keeps my car as cool as possible.

You guys have tons of more experience and great feedback what are your suggestions?

Am I really looking for the impossible? A 45% or higher Heat rejection tint with a cool dark look?

PS you probably could tell this but because of the gadgets in my car I haven't been considering any metallics because of the reports of interference.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Contribute22
Solargard Ultra Performance 20 or 10 should meet your criteria.

Thanx for the feedback Larry

But according to Solar Gards website the Solargard Ultra Performance 20 and 10 are both colorless and clear, plus they would technically be !llegal in GA (lower than 32% VLT).

Can it be purchased in a smoke grey color or something?

http://solargard.com/Auto/Ultra

I assure they are not colorless and clear, someone is not doing their job... Ultra 75 came out 1st a few years ago so that info was accurate then, since the release of our new VLT's they need to update the page... :gasp Ultra Performance 75% would be nearly clear since a clear pane of glass if considered to have a VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) of roughly 80-90% A film with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light through it, therefore it is quite dark to help stop that light from passing through.

Here is a photo with Ultra 10 on the rear 30 on the fronts. Ultra 30 meters at 34% VLT but that still won't cut it after its installed on factory glass. Ultra 40 is your only option on the Solargard front. :beer

M01A0422.jpg

I assure they are not colorless and clear, our marketing department is just not doing their job... Ultra 75 came out 1st a few years ago so that info was accurate then, since the release of our new VLT's they need to update the page... :gasp Ultra Performance 75% would be nearly clear since a clear pane of glass if considered to have a VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) of roughly 80-90% A film with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light through it, therefore it is quite dark to help stop that light from passing through.

Here is a photo with Ultra 10 on the rear 30 on the fronts. Ultra 30 meters at 34% VLT but that still won't cut it after its installed on factory glass. Ultra 40 is your only option on the Solargard front. :beer

M01A0422.jpg

Larry....come on dude, you must have read that he cannot go lower than 32%, and wants a smoked film that reduces heat by at least 45%. There isnt many non metalized films that can achieve that reduction. You can get Wincos 40 that rejects 92% if the IR, and you will noitice the windows are darker, but it wont have a "smoked look" b/c the film looks a little blue. Huper will look shiny, but I think the #'s are better. Madico's CH film @ 35% is 39% reduction....and Suntek makes a Carbon line that is a color stable dyed film, but I dont know what the reduction is...but you could look it up.

Guest absolutetinting

I'm not exactly sure, but try wincos 30 from madico. I'll probably use that same film for my next car. and larry will give some solargard up70 on the windshield.

Guest tintgod
I assure they are not colorless and clear, our marketing department is just not doing their job... Ultra 75 came out 1st a few years ago so that info was accurate then, since the release of our new VLT's they need to update the page... :gasp Ultra Performance 75% would be nearly clear since a clear pane of glass if considered to have a VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) of roughly 80-90% A film with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light through it, therefore it is quite dark to help stop that light from passing through.

Here is a photo with Ultra 10 on the rear 30 on the fronts. Ultra 30 meters at 34% VLT but that still won't cut it after its installed on factory glass. Ultra 40 is your only option on the Solargard front. beer.gif

M01A0422.jpg

Larry....come on dude, you must have read that he cannot go lower than 32%, and wants a smoked film that reduces heat by at least 45%. There isnt many non metalized films that can achieve that reduction. You can get Wincos 40 that rejects 92% if the IR, and you will noitice the windows are darker, but it wont have a "smoked look" b/c the film looks a little blue. Huper will look shiny, but I think the #'s are better. Madico's CH film @ 35% is 39% reduction....and Suntek makes a Carbon line that is a color stable dyed film, but I dont know what the reduction is...but you could look it up.

sorry..wincos doesn't have a 40%..that I know of?

Guest absolutetinting

I had to find my wincos parameter sheets and samples. looking at wincos hcd-30g vlt of 34 and heat rejection ratio of 53

Guest Contribute22

Man you guys are geniuses, thank you for your insight.

I dont recall any of the locations even mentioning that they carried Wincos 30. A few had Solargard but only promoted the Ultra has a clear film like the website. So I'll have to do some more calling.

At least I have a place to start.

Thanx again

Archived