Does it even exist?

Guest Contribute22

I assure they are not colorless and clear, our marketing department is just not doing their job... Ultra 75 came out 1st a few years ago so that info was accurate then, since the release of our new VLT's they need to update the page... :dunno Ultra Performance 75% would be nearly clear since a clear pane of glass if considered to have a VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) of roughly 80-90% A film with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light through it, therefore it is quite dark to help stop that light from passing through.

Here is a photo with Ultra 10 on the rear 30 on the fronts. Ultra 30 meters at 34% VLT but that still won't cut it after its installed on factory glass. Ultra 40 is your only option on the Solargard front. :gasp

M01A0422.jpg

Larry....come on dude, you must have read that he cannot go lower than 32%, and wants a smoked film that reduces heat by at least 45%. There isnt many non metalized films that can achieve that reduction. You can get Wincos 40 that rejects 92% if the IR, and you will noitice the windows are darker, but it wont have a "smoked look" b/c the film looks a little blue. Huper will look shiny, but I think the #'s are better. Madico's CH film @ 35% is 39% reduction....and Suntek makes a Carbon line that is a color stable dyed film, but I dont know what the reduction is...but you could look it up.

sorry..wincos doesn't have a 40%..that I know of?

Sorry, 45%...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assure they are not colorless and clear, our marketing department is just not doing their job... Ultra 75 came out 1st a few years ago so that info was accurate then, since the release of our new VLT's they need to update the page... :dunno Ultra Performance 75% would be nearly clear since a clear pane of glass if considered to have a VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) of roughly 80-90% A film with a VLT of 20% allows 20% of visible light through it, therefore it is quite dark to help stop that light from passing through.

Here is a photo with Ultra 10 on the rear 30 on the fronts. Ultra 30 meters at 34% VLT but that still won't cut it after its installed on factory glass. Ultra 40 is your only option on the Solargard front. :gasp

M01A0422.jpg

Larry....come on dude, you must have read that he cannot go lower than 32%, and wants a smoked film that reduces heat by at least 45%. There isnt many non metalized films that can achieve that reduction. You can get Wincos 40 that rejects 92% if the IR, and you will noitice the windows are darker, but it wont have a "smoked look" b/c the film looks a little blue. Huper will look shiny, but I think the #'s are better. Madico's CH film @ 35% is 39% reduction....and Suntek makes a Carbon line that is a color stable dyed film, but I dont know what the reduction is...but you could look it up.

sorry..wincos doesn't have a 40%..that I know of?

Sorry, 45%...

Wincos 45 is probably the best bet. But might not have anyone in his area that carries it. But Huper Optik Ceramic 40% is even better and it isn't that shiny. Had that on the windshield of the boat pulling truck and it wasn't noticeably shiny.

I say UP 40 also. The color is really nice. Very traditional "black" looking film. If you dont care about color or shine there is JWF IR30 with 61% TSER. IR40 has a 54% TSER. There are mixed reports of interference with the JWF though.

Guest absolutetinting
UP30 (34%VLT) is going to meter the same as Wincos 30 but I don't think either will pass an inspection with a tint meter. Wincos also has a blue hue to it, not charcoal/nuetral

larrytintlimo-boy your working hard.

good job. :beer

UP30 (34%VLT) is going to meter the same as Wincos 30 but I don't think either will pass an inspection with a tint meter. Wincos also has a blue hue to it, not charcoal/nuetral

larrytintlimo-boy your working hard.

good job. :lol2

I appreciate that, make sure you look me up when its w/s time on the next ride :beer

Guest Contribute22

Aww man I was starting to get excited. Limo Lar, why do you not think the tint would pass inspection? Is there something wrong with the percentages that company's quote to customers? From what I'm hearing it sounds like a Wincos with low VLT (like 34%) would look black or dark from the outside but from viewing it inside the car it would be a blue hue. Does that sound right?

That would actually be ok with me becuase the Lancer I have is this awesome shade of blue. So I'd get the benefit of privacy from the outside (with the shade of black) and a slight blue on the inside which is cool becuase I like blue. When you guys say blue I'm picturing some of the Mercedes Benzs that ive seen with a blueish tint to them, is that about right.

P.S I wanted to show pics of my Lancer like you did with the Altima but the Pics with my phone are 408k and too big. How were you about to get your pic to fit, Limo Lar? You guys have been so helpful I wanted you to see a before and after based on your expertise.

Archived