Does it even exist?

Guest Contribute22

I am not 100% familiar with Georgia laws regarding tint. Some can be more lax than others but I work for Solargard so it is in the companies and my own best interest to preach "keepin it legal" :lol

Your existing glass is not 100% clear, more than likely 75-85% VLT so we take say 85 x .34 = 28.9% VLT so its darn close to 32% with a variance +/- 3% allowing you down to 29% but again it my advice to keep it legal. Your factory glass could be darker than the 85% I used for the example. Are there any qualified Solargard dealers in the area? I would consult with them since they are going to be familiar with the law and what is considered legal and safe in Georgia. I'd hate to have you get that shade only to have the law tell you its gotta be removed :lol

You have a sweet lookin car, I am partial to blue myself and if it were legal in my hood I'd rock UP30 all day on my car.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is suntek carbon 35%, has a tser of 42% and a nice black look. It will probably meter around 29% on your glass though so im not sure if georgia's 32% is net or if they may cut you a little slack. Carbon 45% would be the next option up which would meter 34-36% on your glass.

Picture041.jpg

Guest Contribute22
This is suntek carbon 35%, has a tser of 42% and a nice black look. It will probably meter around 29% on your glass though so im not sure if georgia's 32% is net or if they may cut you a little slack. Carbon 45% would be the next option up which would meter 34-36% on your glass.

Picture041.jpg

Appreciate the pic you posted Micro, before I posted on this site I was seriously considering the Carbon 35. It had everything I needed except I was positive that there had to be something with better heat rejection. The salesman quoted me a heat rejection of 37% but when I checked online it said 42% like you are quoting. I just assumed the worst. I was going to get the front and back sides in Carbon 35, the back windshield with Carbon 20 and the front with a legal, clear Huper Optic. Tell me something, how cool is your car when you get into it? Do you feel a big difference in comfort or is it still hot when you get into the car after awhile?

After the response from this site I'm now seriously considering UP30 or Wincos 30. In the state of GA there is a variance of +/-3 so it can technically meter at 29% and I'd be ok. But this whole "windows already being tinted" thing just caught me off guard. I have no idea how to test my window tint (with factory glass) to be sure. I think I'm going to take TintStar's advice "Roll the dice"

They claim 42% on the 35 but in all honesty I don't think that is correct. I really don't use the carbon much cause it doesn't seem to block the heat as much as I like, I use suntek hp which is a dye/metal and it does a good job blocking heat, looks good, and I've never had anyone complain about reception issues nor had a comeback on it. The carbon does have a nice look from the outside but so does the hp.... Here is suntek HP 35%, meters 32 dead on on the glass....

Picture014.jpg

Guest Contribute22

Micro you are the man, appreciate your honest opinion, I believe your findings and they confirmed my suspicions. I'm so glad I contacted the pros in this forum before settling with the Carbon reluctantly since it wouldn't meet my expectations for comfort and heat rejection. For a couple bucks more I could just get the Wincos 30. Speaking of Wincos, guest, the name fits, I'm not a big technology person so I have no idea how you put that tint on my pic, but man it looks GOOD, Thank you. A part of me is a little worried about it looking like a cheap black tint that turned purple, but I think that when I see it in person I wont have those doubts anymore. I'm checking out a shop on Sat. I'll post updates.

Guest absolutetinting
Thanx alot Tintdude.

SweetLancer1001.jpg

this is a good idea what you lancer will look like with a wincos 30

LANCER.jpg

that was sweeeet. :shoot1

how'd u do that?

Archived