problems when applying 8mil llumar S/S

Guest marcellom

Guest marcellom

Hey...okay I am a newbie at installing 8mil llumar safety film....the average size windows (33,5x30) went ok...a few bubbles which I could squeese out. The sliding screens doors have become a pain....the issue is that once I am done installing it the next day I see tiny egg like dots on at least a quarter of the film....I have a film handler, I am using the 5inch BLUE MAX squeege, windows are extremely clean...but I am bot sure what the heck is going on!!!

PLEASE I NEED HELP!! I AM WORKING ON MY OWN HOUSE AND WIFEY IS GOING TO KICK MY ARSE...BEACUSE SHE WANTED TO PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT...AND I CONVINCED HER THAT I COULD....LOL

it could be just water. does it appear to be in a pattern of any sort, maybe uniform tiny patterns of water bubbles that kind of resemble the squeeggee strokes? security films look wierd early on in the curing process(1st and 2nd day). you should be able to see if its contamination.

Guest absolutetinting

it should dry out. it looks like you didn't get any water in some areas or you smeared the glue. just wait, give it 2 weeks. go back to see if it clears up.

good luck.

Guest absolutetinting
Tell the wife there are no marks there and that she is seeing things. Make her think she is crazy . Works for mr all the time .

:twocents:lol2:lol2

Guest Readyman
it should dry out. it looks like you didn't get any water in some areas or you smeared the glue. just wait, give it 2 weeks. go back to see if it clears up.

good luck.

:lol2

I agree with tint star, always use more water than you think.

Chances of if drying out are 50/50, the longer you wait the harder it's going to be to scrape.

If you don't see improvement within 2 weeks, most likely it won't come out at all.

Archived