CPF Launches Commercial Sales Group for Architectural Projects

Guest vclimber

Guest vclimber
Window film is not my only source of income, maybe that is why I am not as worked up about it as others. I have some large commercial clients but not a large % of my business.

What you have to do is read into what is stated and consider not what is happening today (which may not directly affect you) but rather, what will happen tomorrow (which may profoundly affect you). If MFG's are now openly publishing their intent when all a long they have been selling commercial direct, then you must ask yourself what are they going to do tomorrow? MFG's have been competing against their own customers at an unfair pricing advantage and they just stated in writing that they will continue to do so which reduces the window film dealer to a professional installer. Unethical, unlawful, and desperate conduct -imo. :bingo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me, I am not as short minded as my previous post may appear. If the manny's have been selling direct all along, yet you, I and others are continuing to grow our businesses then obviously they are not getting the penetration they had hoped for. I personally don't think they are half as competent as they think they are. They can publish there intent, they can restrict who they sell to, flip jobs to certain installers or whatever else they want to do. I own my business, I am not married to any manny. I will drop them in a heartbeat and find another.

My point is, the manny's will do what they think is right for their business and I will do what is right for my business.

Guest vclimber
Believe me, I am not as short minded as my previous post may appear. If the manny's have been selling direct all along, yet you, I and others are continuing to grow our businesses then obviously they are not getting the penetration they had hoped for. I personally don't think they are half as competent as they think they are. They can publish there intent, they can restrict who they sell to, flip jobs to certain installers or whatever else they want to do. I own my business, I am not married to any manny. I will drop them in a heartbeat and find another.

My point is, the manny's will do what they think is right for their business and I will do what is right for my business.

Good point. :eyebrows

If all installers would turn down the .xx sq ft installs and all dealers drop the suppliers that compete against you then this thing would stop cold. :rollin

Guest vclimber

“We are putting CPFilms’ resources into selling to large building owners.”

-Ray Collar

“For the dealers we have that are already capable of doing this, we have no intention of taking over all of the sales for this type of business.”

-Lisa Winkler

2 people working for the same company with 2 conflicting statements. How do they intend to do one without inadvertently doing the other? dunno.gif

:krazy:lol:lol

If CPF(or any manny) doesn't pay well enough, then I do not do the job. SIMPLE!

Do you sell window film or are you solely a professional installer?

I am not a distributor if that is your question. All of these arrangements are business as usual in the corporate world, however I quit working for other people because I got tired of the BS. If I am going to go broke I will do it on my own. I carry LuLu, so if CPF comes to me and wants me to install a job but tries to lowball me then I will politely say "no thank you". If no one accepts the low ball then the offer will go up.

No, that was not my question. I was asking if you are in retail window film sales which by your reply it looks as though your are. If you read the quote from CP Films president then you will see that his business plan for you and me and any other CPF customer is to have us all install large commercial jobs that they sell. If you do a lot of large commercial then you'll understand the implications, if you are still doing more auto than anything else then you got your own challenges to worry about.

they say that u should be quoting 3times the cost(square foot price) of ur film....if cpf covers that ,I wouldn't have a problem w/ it....but come on --- bucks a square....go poop in a hat...and pull it over ur head!!!!I will buy GLOBAL if they do that!!!

The bandwagon is leaving... time for everyone to hop on. :krazy

Wanted... professional dealers installers needed ASAP. Please inquire within. :lol

I will jump on.... if CP keeps in mind 3x the cost of the film per sqr ft.....should be givin to the installing company...its only fair!...vs70 is --- a sqr so times that buy 3= xxxx a sqr...then I am on the wagon!

The bandwagon is leaving... time for everyone to hop on. :lol

Wanted... professional dealers installers needed ASAP. Please inquire within. :cool

I will jump on.... if CP keeps in mind 3x the cost of the film per sqr ft.....should be givin to the installing company...its only fair!...vs70 is $--- a sqr so times that buy 3=$--- a sqr...then I am on the wagon!

I would like to thank Keith Carter for calling me....

CPfilms is NOT biding on jobs..They are going in to see how much they can save in energy costs for the Architectural and commercial companys!..then they will turn around and go to a reputable tint shop that buys film from CP..and lets them know how much they need to bid the job for if they want it!!!!

Now 3-M is selling the job and going to their tint shops and saying....hey, we have a job we will pay u $--- bucks a sqre to do....Now that is WRONG....

Archived