WHY DO BOSSES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GREAT WORKERS?

Guest TINTWIZARDNY

damn me n image seem very similar. my lady is a stylist, and she works at my business partners moms shop, who happens to be my godmother also. we planned on opening a salon in a couple of years but right now its pretty difficult. gotta see how many last through these bad times first.

if she keeps a full salon of peeps on booth rent itll be fine. but #1 is slangin that product.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if she keeps a full salon of peeps on booth rent itll be fine. but #1 is slangin that product.

Hey VIP...You ever see that movie "BAPS" with Halle Berry? You could open the worldz FIRST HairSalon/Tint Shop! :twocents

I've already talked to him, but I get a sad story but I no different cuz I also do his books. But u people on here have gave me great ideas and I THANK YOU 4 that. But everything will work out 4 the best. Thank You and God Bless :lol

Let me play the devils advocate...I have a hard time believing you do your bosses books. You may write up some tickets, and see some film invoices, but I doubt you see or know where all the money goes. There are advertisement costs, insurance, rent, payroll, materials, utilities, and a host of other expenses. You have to remember that you work for this person, and just because you see a little of what he makes, doesnt mean that you deserve more. Everyone is replaceable. I used to think a lot like you before I started my own "gig", and now I see reality. Your boss may be an ass, but he is still the boss. He might lose you and find some equally good for less.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just want to help you see his side. On the bright side, the way you think right now could yield a drive to venture out on your own, b/c it sounds to me you will never be satisfied working for someone else.

Retiring at 35 was never an option for me whether I had my own shop or not, And most owners that I know aren't retiring at 35, or 45....I just spoke to the guy that trained me, I worked for him for about 6 years, he taught me quite a bit, he's older than 45 and is just now b!tch!n about climbin into back seats.....

I made 20 k a year in my 20's and spent 2ok each

I made 40k in my 30's and I spend 40K a year each year

and on and on .

No matter how much you make you will spend it on less your a cheap fart .you cant have the nice things in life and retire early . Unless your a rapper or pro sports player and most of them go bankrupt . To retire you have to have your house paid off and car with no loans and about 300K in the bank earning about 40K a year in interest and if you get sick thats another story

Guest TINTWIZARDNY
I've already talked to him, but I get a sad story but I no different cuz I also do his books. But u people on here have gave me great ideas and I THANK YOU 4 that. But everything will work out 4 the best. Thank You and God Bless :headbang

Let me play the devils advocate...I have a hard time believing you do your bosses books. You may write up some tickets, and see some film invoices, but I doubt you see or know where all the money goes. There are advertisement costs, insurance, rent, payroll, materials, utilities, and a host of other expenses. You have to remember that you work for this person, and just because you see a little of what he makes, doesnt mean that you deserve more. Everyone is replaceable. I used to think a lot like you before I started my own "gig", and now I see reality. Your boss may be an ass, but he is still the boss. He might lose you and find some equally good for less.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just want to help you see his side. On the bright side, the way you think right now could yield a drive to venture out on your own, b/c it sounds to me you will never be satisfied working for someone else.

WELL I do all the year end invoices and the credit cards, I do take out all of his expenses, but the way I see it dont short ur workers so u can take a vacation. I've worked for a great boss who didnt short his workers but he past away very young, they should make all bosses like him........If a boss treats you right,and not complain bout how broke he is all day maybe his workers would be in a better mood. now I do the best work I can because the way I see it its my reputation and if I venture on my own people will follow, plus my clients have followed me since 1986..

Archived