Good bye little guy

PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

3M and National Glass Service Group Form an Alliance

Dublin, OH – July 13, 2009 –

3M and National Glass Service Group (NGSG) announce the formation of an exclusive alliance to market window film solutions to large national retail chains. Through this agreement, NGSG will use 3M products and dealers exclusively while 3M will concurrently pursue all national retail accounts exclusively through NGSG. Both NGSG and 3M believe that this relationship will allow both parties to concentrate on their strengths in order to provide the highest quality products available with unparalleled education and servicing of these retail clients.

Patric Fransko, Senior VP of Operations at NGSG is excited about the potential that this alliance with 3M represents. “After coming to NGSG, I have spent the past year with our retail clients trying to understand their needs and expectations. It quickly became clear that confidence in the product supplied, and the company supplying that product, were their primary concerns. We had built systems to ensure the logistics of getting jobs completed efficiently and using a 3M product gave the client an immediate comfort regarding the quality and engineering of the products being used.”

NGSG owner Haytham Elzayn noted, “This was not an easy decision for us initially. We were being courted by multiple window film manufacturers to form a similar alliance, but the synergy was just not there. Initially, I was convinced that NGSG was stronger by remaining independent of any particular manufacturer. However, after meeting with 3M and gauging clients’ responses to the strength of the 3M brand and product offering, our decision became clear.”

Charles Calisto, National Sales Manager of 3M’s Renewable Energy Division, expressed similar enthusiasm regarding the new alliance. “We are very excited about working with NGSG. They have quickly made a name for themselves in the retail chain segment and we feel confident that the 3M / NGSG team will educate retailers about window film solutions, provide them with the best products available and implement chosen solutions in the most efficient manner.”

Details of the final agreement are confidential, but the alliance is already paying dividends as NGSG and 3M are working on numerous large projects around the country with major names in the retail industry.

National Glass Service Group specializes in glass related film solutions designed to assist large retail chains with energy savings, loss prevention, glass related designs and graffiti mitigation systems. www.NationalGlassServiceGroup.co

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE FIRST PARAGRAPH

3M and National Glass Service Group Form an Alliance

Dublin, OH – July 13, 2009 –

3M and National Glass Service Group (NGSG) announce the formation of an exclusive alliance to market window film solutions to large national retail chains. Through this agreement, NGSG will use 3M products and dealers exclusively while 3M will concurrently pursue all national retail accounts exclusively through NGSG. Both NGSG and 3M believe that this relationship will allow both parties to concentrate on their strengths in order to provide the highest quality products available with unparalleled education and servicing of these retail clients.

I have read the first paragraph many times over, and I still cannot see how anything said there will hurt the "little guy". Granted, if you are not a 3M dealer you will not benefit from this agreement, but the 3M dealers benefit nicely. I challenge you to find one dealer that has done work for National Glass Service Group since I have been here that would say that working with us was not a good deal for them. In fact, most always ask when I can send the next batch of work their way. This agreement is giving the 3M dealer network access to work that they would have never gotten on their own. Sok, if I bring a dealer a job that they would not have gotten that they make good money on, explain to me again how that is bad for the dealer? I have explained this at length, but I am willing to clarify more as it seems people still have an incorrect perception of what is happening.

Its not going to hurt my business one bit. :twocents Ive done about 120 jobs this year so far and maybe 1 or 2 asked about 3M and they decided to go with me anyways.

I would hope that this does not hurt anyone's business as I am truly targeting companies that are currently not doing any film work. It should add to the 3M dealers business and not hurt anyone else. The goal is to try and grow the overall industry pie. Not steal a piece from someone else. Glad to hear that you are doing well Cuttingedge. Keep it up! :lol

I would hope that this does not hurt anyone's business as I am truly targeting companies that are currently not doing any film work. It should add to the 3M dealers business and not hurt anyone else. The goal is to try and grow the overall industry pie. Not steal a piece from someone else. Glad to hear that you are doing well Cuttingedge. Keep it up! :twocents

You've said that a few times, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but that simply is not true. If you used to provide Company A work, but now can not simply due to them not being a 3M dealer, they are impacted negatively.

When I read your article in WFM, I thought - wow.. that's a pretty cool idea where many would be able to benefit from such an arrangement.

But now that's been limited to 3M dealers.

For all I know, the couple of glass companies I've worked for doing commercial work could have been/be in your network, and now I won't get any more work from. And like you said - companies like to work with one main company... which would take away the possibility of trying to get those accounts for myself.

-R

You've said that a few times, and I'm not trying to pick a fight with you but that simply is not true. If you used to provide Company A work, but now can not simply due to them not being a 3M dealer, they are impacted negatively.

When I read your article in WFM, I thought - wow.. that's a pretty cool idea where many would be able to benefit from such an arrangement.

But now that's been limited to 3M dealers.

For all I know, the couple of glass companies I've worked for doing commercial work could have been/be in your network, and now I won't get any more work from. And like you said - companies like to work with one main company... which would take away the possibility of trying to get those accounts for myself.

-R

That is a very fair point. I do know that some dealers that had been working for us will not be able to continue, and that will negatively impact them. I guess what I was trying to convey is that I am not targeting anyone's business as we are trying to go after business that does not currently exist. I cannot go into all the reasons that led to the decision to work with 3M exclusively, but there were legitimate reasons why we felt it was the right move. I do feel bad that some dealers that we had worked with will no longer be part of the program, but I do trust that they all feel that they were treated fairly on every job that they did for us. It is very similar to when one of you decide to switch film brands. You may have friends at the film brand you are leaving and they might be impacted, but a variety of reasons may have led to the eventual switch. I know that I will never be able to please everyone with any decision that I make, but I always try to make wise decisions that take all factors into account. I hope that you and the others can at least respect that as I have not intentionally tried to do anything to harm someones business.

I hope that you and the others can at least respect that as I have not intentionally tried to do anything to harm someones business.

That I have no doubt. It would be no different if you went with just Madico, or Huper.. or whomever. Some dealers would be dropped and/or replaced. No way around that except to keep the business model you had previously been using.

-R

Archived