DIRT OFF

Guest Hondabuff

Guest Hondabuff

Just got a bottle to try out and I'm sure its going to be worth it. Been using unger Pro Glide solution since I can remember and it calls for 4 cap fulls per gallon. Dirt off was 4 pumps per quart :dunno Just used it to clean my patio door and thought it seemed really weak compared to the unger. I checked the MSDS sheets and it was 98% water. The stuff doesnt even have a smell to it. The other 2% is octyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanol which I googled and it turns out to be a pesticide :dunno I think I might be sticking with the unger..

Just got a bottle to try out and I'm sure its going to be worth it. Been using unger Pro Glide solution since I can remember and it calls for 4 cap fulls per gallon. Dirt off was 4 pumps per quart :lol Just used it to clean my patio door and thought it seemed really weak compared to the unger. I checked the MSDS sheets and it was 98% water. The stuff doesnt even have a smell to it. The other 2% is octyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanol which I googled and it turns out to be a pesticide :lol I think I might be sticking with the unger..

From what I understand, the Dirt Off is supposed to clean the pores on the glass and prep the glass for window film. I think that the most important things is to get the glass fully cleaned and free of any residue. If you have other solutions that do that, I am sure they will be fine. Just make sure that you do not use anything with a citrus base. Over time, the citrus base can cause PS failure. That is the same reason to never use Lemon Joy as a mounting solution.

Just got a bottle to try out and I'm sure its going to be worth it. Been using unger Pro Glide solution since I can remember and it calls for 4 cap fulls per gallon. Dirt off was 4 pumps per quart :lol Just used it to clean my patio door and thought it seemed really weak compared to the unger. I checked the MSDS sheets and it was 98% water. The stuff doesnt even have a smell to it. The other 2% is octyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanol which I googled and it turns out to be a pesticide blink.png I think I might be sticking with the unger..

I think I would stick to the lemon Joy over the pesticide :lol2 might have to check it out on snoops :lol

Just got a bottle to try out and I'm sure its going to be worth it. Been using unger Pro Glide solution since I can remember and it calls for 4 cap fulls per gallon. Dirt off was 4 pumps per quart :rollin Just used it to clean my patio door and thought it seemed really weak compared to the unger. I checked the MSDS sheets and it was 98% water. The stuff doesnt even have a smell to it. The other 2% is octyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanol which I googled and it turns out to be a pesticide blink.png I think I might be sticking with the unger..

In case anyone wants to actually look at the MSDS for Dirt Off, I have provided the link below:

http://www.zoladist.com/download/gt733msds.pdf

I googled the chemical as well and it looks like it is used for many different purposes including an ingredient in particular pesticides. I do not think that it in itself is a pesticide. This is why it is critical that you ask for a MSDS sheet of the chemicals that you are using. Educate yourself so that you can make informed decisions on what you want to use.

Guest Hondabuff

I'm always game for trying new cleaning products and the benchmark is my back patio door that has a couple pine trees hovering overhead. Gets all kinda pollen and gunk on it and the only cleaner that gets it all off is Unger Pro Glide. One wiff of it and you know its a cleaner. Got me looking into the MSDS sheets now and couldnt even tell half the stuff thats in it, even after a google search. Dirt Off just seems so diluted for the price.

Guest vclimber
Just got a bottle to try out and I'm sure its going to be worth it. Been using unger Pro Glide solution since I can remember and it calls for 4 cap fulls per gallon. Dirt off was 4 pumps per quart :cool Just used it to clean my patio door and thought it seemed really weak compared to the unger. I checked the MSDS sheets and it was 98% water. The stuff doesnt even have a smell to it. The other 2% is octyl phenoxy polyethoxy ethanol which I googled and it turns out to be a pesticide :bottle I think I might be sticking with the unger..

From what I understand, the Dirt Off is supposed to clean the pores on the glass and prep the glass for window film. I think that the most important things is to get the glass fully cleaned and free of any residue. If you have other solutions that do that, I am sure they will be fine. Just make sure that you do not use anything with a citrus base. Over time, the citrus base can cause PS failure. That is the same reason to never use Lemon Joy as a mounting solution.

Dirt-off aka X-100 is high PH so you don't want to use it on certain films as well as PS adhesives. :headbang

Dirt-off aka X-100 is high PH so you don't want to use it on certain films as well as PS adhesives. :headbang

You can use it to clean the glass prior to install with PS adhesives. CPFilms recommends this as the pre-install prep for autos. All auto film has PS, so I know that it is ok as a prep for that. I do know that you are not supposed to use this with bronze films and maybe some of the spectrally selective films. This also can be used as a mounting solution for films with CDF adhesive. It actually is recommended by CPFilms and helps the film begin to set up faster.

Archived