My fellow mmm haters

This mornings first estimate had me at a rather large comm complex. The PM shows me some new glass and some older pre tinted units, He then tells me they would like to inst film on the new to match the existing "MMM" product. I pause for a few seconds, make a somewhat odd face and tell him, Look I inst film every day all day, I will use anything you want me to..........and what you have now is far from my first choice. HMMMM custy says, Why is that? .....Now the door and custys mind are wide open. So I show him the flaws in his old work and explain the benefits of using a mfr that is dedicated to window film and only window film,not other things like scotch tape and post it notes..... Custy is in 100% agreement. After about 15 mins of small talk he issues the p.o. for 3000 sf of work, Thank you VMuch I say. We set the date for inst and as I am ready to leave he says OOOOHH. Those other windows with the "BAD MMM" can we do those as well ?... Absolutlly I say, I will tell you what, I usually charge for removal but we are going to be here anyway so I will only charge for the new film, Great he says there will be a change order on your fax today. And it is !

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the sad thing that not every customer understands! :beer

And thats just it... the normal customer will never understand until we are knowledgeable enough to explain it to them!!! I hang 3M with success as a sub, but when the sales are mine, 3M is my last choice!!!

Wolfe, I have 2 tinters and 2 prep/cleaners now. I need to keep them going, I do appreciate the offer.

No problem whatsover! If you ever do need any assistance, please feel free to keep me in mind! Im sure a few here can vouch for me! Keep up the good work!

Steevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have done a better job than the clowns that did it the first time. It is incredible what some companys / installers will let go. And the custy is ok with it! I guess if the co / inst figure the name recognition can cary them they are ok. Jeeez have some pride

Archived