My fellow mmm haters

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought only the best of the best were allowed to use mmm :lol And as I always like to point out they don't even make their own film :lol Saw master rolls marked mmm at Solar Gard plant in California a few years ago even when they tried to hide it so why not just by from the peeps making it Flaugh.gif

guess you could call me a hater :lol

Cheers :evilgrin

One thing that also can be used in sales aganst MMM dealers is this. Well Mr/ Mrs custy, If that mmm STUFF is really what you want ,we can supply it for you. I then tell them if it was my home or office or whatever. I would not use it. Again this opens the door for more conversation. So mr tint salesman tell me why ? At that point you should have your pitch very well polished. When it comes time for the close, If you have provided all the facts the custy needs, the sale should be yours. Another thing some people do is short sale themselves, By this I mean, When the sale eventually comes down to $, If you give them the different options MMM MDCO CP whatever. It can provide a sense of security for custy if you are the HIGHEST bid, Yes I said HIGHEST. If you tell custy someone elses film is more just because, they may think its more because its better. Try something like , We could do the project with MMM for (say ---.00) or we could use a more stable film like (insert your preferance here) for ---.00 and there would be no future problems. Just a thought, Hope it helps some of you out there

Guest mikeMN
One thing that also can be used in sales aganst MMM dealers is this. Well Mr/ Mrs custy, If that mmm STUFF is really what you want ,we can supply it for you. I then tell them if it was my home or office or whatever. I would not use it. Again this opens the door for more conversation. So mr tint salesman tell me why ? At that point you should have your pitch very well polished. When it comes time for the close, If you have provided all the facts the custy needs, the sale should be yours. Another thing some people do is short sale themselves, By this I mean, When the sale eventually comes down to $, If you give them the different options MMM MDCO CP whatever. It can provide a sense of security for custy if you are the HIGHEST bid, Yes I said HIGHEST. If you tell custy someone elses film is more just because, they may think its more because its better. Try something like , We could do the project with MMM for (say 200.00) or we could use a more stable film like (insert your preferance here) for 225.00 and there would be no future problems. Just a thought, Hope it helps some of you out there

So what is the name of film that you think is so superior to mmm that you use all the time? :lol

One thing that also can be used in sales aganst MMM dealers is this. Well Mr/ Mrs custy, If that mmm STUFF is really what you want ,we can supply it for you. I then tell them if it was my home or office or whatever. I would not use it. Again this opens the door for more conversation. So mr tint salesman tell me why ? At that point you should have your pitch very well polished. When it comes time for the close, If you have provided all the facts the custy needs, the sale should be yours. Another thing some people do is short sale themselves, By this I mean, When the sale eventually comes down to $, If you give them the different options MMM MDCO CP whatever. It can provide a sense of security for custy if you are the HIGHEST bid, Yes I said HIGHEST. If you tell custy someone elses film is more just because, they may think its more because its better. Try something like , We could do the project with MMM for (say ---.00) or we could use a more stable film like (insert your preferance here) for ---.00 and there would be no future problems. Just a thought, Hope it helps some of you out there

So what is the name of film that you think is so superior to mmm that you use all the time? :dunno

Most of what we do is contract spec. The arch will spec the product and we will supply and inst. I am not partial to any certain film mfr, They all have their own issues. My point is this, If you are out on a sales call and you know everyone in the world is bidding it, Right off the bat you know MMM is going to be ALL THE MONEY, In most cases COMM PM GC or SUPERS want the best film out there and if it is only 5 7 10 % more for the best they just may go for it. I never want to get a job because I wes the cheapest. When I sell to the everyday custy, The product I sell them is the best out there period. Weather its mmm mdc llu sg whatever. Its the best that you can buy. If you dont believe it yourself the custy never will .One of the most important things you can do when making a sale is just listen to the custy..... They will tell you everything you need to know .

I worked for a 3M dealer 4 years ago (for a brief period) that has been in biz for nearly 20 years. Ive installed quite a bit of 3M. I found that while installing the film, if I missed a portion with water still behind the film while around it was squegeed, the adhesive smeared when I went over the spot with water and drug it into a squegeed section. Ive never seen another film do this. When it happened, you had to scrap the film and start again. I have also been on a few warranty jobs that were maybe 6-8 years old and the film was in poor condition. I think the film that I saw issues with was the NV line.

Good to see another Madico user. Great adhesive on Madico.

MDC cdx adhesive is user frendly, Im not a huge fan of the ps on the mac film, I also like lulu da. Like I said I am not a die hard fan of any mfr. I even like some MMM products.........I just cant think of any right this second...............HAAAAAAA

Archived