Protect yourself with purchase orders

I'm done being Mr. Niceguy after eating another $200 in film today. Dealer calls up last night, needs a car done by the afternoon. In the meantime the customer changes his mind and doesn't want it and I just found out about it on the way up there. Now I'm stuck with a cut kit that's useless. I'm going to have a talk with the owner about this next week to try to get some money out of him and I'm not being nice about it. If you're dealing with dealerships, REQUIRE A PO WHEN THE ORDER IS PLACED!!!! Not when you get there, not when you're done, as soon as they call make sure they have a PO# ready. Also make sure it's known if the customer backs out or something changes after PO is written, THEY are liable for payment. DO NOT LET DEALERSHIPS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!!

I used to do auto a few years back. The dealers s**k, They want you do drop everything so they can push another unit down the road, Maybee pay you in net 90, after you call accts payable like 40 times. And then they always manage to "misplace " a po or 2 .WTF. I wonder if they "misplace " any cash from the customers they sell cars to, Im guessin they dont loose track of any of that.

Guest willie
I'm done being Mr. Niceguy after eating another $200 in film today. Dealer calls up last night, needs a car done by the afternoon. In the meantime the customer changes his mind and doesn't want it and I just found out about it on the way up there. Now I'm stuck with a cut kit that's useless. I'm going to have a talk with the owner about this next week to try to get some money out of him and I'm not being nice about it. If you're dealing with dealerships, REQUIRE A PO WHEN THE ORDER IS PLACED!!!! Not when you get there, not when you're done, as soon as they call make sure they have a PO# ready. Also make sure it's known if the customer backs out or something changes after PO is written, THEY are liable for payment. DO NOT LET DEALERSHIPS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!!

Sorry for the bad luck dude.

Guest clinton

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Bababooey. One way that you may be able to secure a sell with the dealerships in the future is have them communicate to the customer that they are responsible to set up the appointment to have the product installed after they drive the car off the lot. By the time you install your product the financing/loan has been approved and finalized, if the buyer changes his mind.....well too bad for him. Who knows, you may be able to upsale more areas on the car that they did not get from the dealer. This also allows the consumer to experience working with you first hand, this could also lead to more "word of mouth" referrals, a great way to grow your business!

The only time I would install ppf on a car without a p.o. would be to a new customer ( a dealership) for a display. This way, a buyer can see the product in the flesh. Once the display sells, then you get paid.

Archived