88 Chevrolet 1500

pbalentine

Im guessing this one doesn't have a matrix on the back glass. Its a solid rear window, my question is how to trim it. Should I trim it oversized on outside and bring in on the inside and trim like flatglass or could I trim the inside gaskets for more room?

I think I know the method of shifting the film your talking about. Is it where you trim top, bottom, and sides separatley, shifting after each cut. I did this on a miata vert and it was perfect, no light leaks. Thanks VIP! :twocents

yep, your right willie, it had a solid black border. I was easy, but it had nerf bars that made it a bitch to trim. This was one of the worst tint jobs I've been on. The igniton was rigged and this part popped out 3 times(once when I needed to rollup of window to tuck bottom of film). The passenger door only opened from inside and could only be rolled up from driver side. Plus, to add to the nightmare both my polysprayer and my spray master broke and their dog wanted to bit me. Thats the last really old car im gonna tint, its not worth it.

Archived