WINDOW FILM BUSINESS

Hello EveryBody, Leo is here.

I will write my :lol about window film business, window film industry and it's future how I see that.

sorry in advance for my English - old members (I hope) understand it - newbies can ask my explanations :lol .

So window film business.

Let's forget were was made first window film as I know at least 3 or 4 companies who declare "WE ARE THE FIRST".

This is endless and useless discussion like what was born first: CHICKEN or EGG.

I start deal with window films at 1992 with BRUXSAFOL, it was European label of Solar Gard.

Our installers tried all brands of those times and we choosed Solar Gard. I never installed film but, for example I can tell that Solar Bronze intsalled 17 years ago is still OK here.

As I was responsible for sales in all former USSR of this brand I tried to add there my thoughts HOW to sell. You all know my style and at 1995 I got some kick from Solar Gard for naked breast and their Super Logo :lol .

I survived - but from the begining I don't like sales style of all window films.

May be ONLY llullu was a little bit different and add own sizzle to such boring thing like window film sales.

Their Miss Llumar and Beach Laydeee are nice ideas (IMHO) - but I don't know why Beach laydee lost...

But I have a pictures (if possible :lol )

beach_lady.JPG

Of course s*x sales is not keypoint of window film sales - but let's see HOW all brands try to sell their products.

ADVANCED CERAMIC

ADVANCED COATING

CARBON

99% UV protection

96% IR protection

and so on.

yes, may be this was normal when on the market was just 5-6 teams which easy shared the market.

But since that time asians and indiand became much stronger, and so-called here "reboxers" have excellenet choise of films.

Now every korean team sell sputerred window film (some of them have coaters, some buy sputerred films from USA) and quality is very close to old players quality.

It's hard to sell using old tools.

It is impossible to sell using old toolZ.

But - did Your supplier invent new saleZ tool?

I think NO.

They only use popular word ADVANCED and manipulation with %%% + bash competitors.

I think DARTZ is a first window film team which start to sell WINDOW FILMS like Coke, like toothpaste, like Vodka.

We don't sell window film like product of high tech for academics or Ph.D's.

We are making brand for final customers - for people.

That's why all our activities "out of box", that's why Leo never pay attention to all this %%%% and other %&$#.

Because - IMHO - all advertsiing is 90% of lie, and that lie make us to buy.

We buy lie, legends and packaging.

Nothing more.

And DARTZ oriented on "LIFE-STYLE" sales, human sales - sales from people to people.

You all are interested WERE is MADE DARTSFILMZ.

I can openly tell - ELSEWHERE.

But I can tell you for sure - DARTSFILMZ WAS BORN IN USSR and all creations are made there, even this country is dead many years ago lol2.gif

It's OEM era now - and people must realise it.

Yes, your supplier don't open You all the truth - but just switch Your brain were and how was born all this "economy jazz".

So what I want to tell with this thread?

May be that new era of sales are coming - as competition is uberstrong and old, good lie about 99% as too old and not so usefull to increase sales.

All these advanced storied are very nice and for sure this is truth - but does it really interesting for boobie blond who come to tint her car?

Not sure.

It's BRAND TIME NOW.

What about films? No idea. Somebody like blonds - somebody :gay

Will be very happy to hear Your mind about this topic:

FUTURE OF WINDOW FILM SALES.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leo, your approach to sell film might work to sell DIY kits in the supermarket... BUT

You CANNOT sell me a film that won't shrink, forget it!!

You CANNOT sell me a 70% light flat glass film without the proper heat rejection numbers.

NO, NO, NO and NO again.

All You mentioned must be SECONDARY.

HEAT SHRINKING is Your problem, not YOUR CUSTOMER.

But HEAT REJECTION - YOUR CUSTOMER, NOT YOUR.

UV REJECTION is nice legend, which window film people learned for some more than 20 years.

I dont promote DIY idea.

I promote PRETTY WINDOW FILM SALES.

PRETTY, SMART and ATTRACTIVE.

No idea what people drink in Your area - but anycase if is Vodka, no salesperson with tell You "Sir, this nice drink will be very healthfull and so on".

But people buy it - because of ....Yes, because they want to be drunken, and when they choose - they remember advertising (if they have money).

If they have NO MONEY - they choose CHEAPEST.

Same WINDOW FILM - people WHO HAVE NO MONEY WILL BUY DIY - even Your film cut 999% of UV, IR, NV.

If people HAVE MONEY - they will choose BRANDED THING, they want BUY THING, not piece of colored polyester, however it is colored - sputerred, vapoarised, gluetinted or painted with sprayer and not their problem HOW YOU WILL SHRINK IT.

Yes, of course film MUST WORK.

But...asking again DOES COKE HELP YOU WITH THURST?

Leo I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Window film can and probably should be marketed as a lifestyle choice but I don't think that you can totally escape using the numbers. Numbers have been used to market film for too long to simply cease using them and expect the consumer to feel comfortable with their absence, the shift in marketing would have to be gradual. Maybe a reduced emphasis on the figures and more focus on the lifestyle benefits achieved from film but I think you will still find that we rely on the numbers to convey those lifestyle benefits :lol2

Leo I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Window film can and probably should be marketed as a lifestyle choice but I don't think that you can totally escape using the numbers. Numbers have been used to market film for too long to simply cease using them and expect the consumer to feel comfortable with their absence, the shift in marketing would have to be gradual. Maybe a reduced emphasis on the figures and more focus on the lifestyle benefits achieved from film but I think you will still find that we rely on the numbers to convey those lifestyle benefits :lol2

OF COURSE. Numbers must exist. But there must be TWO GROUPS OF NUMBERS.

N1 - EYECATCHING NUMBERS.

N2 - NUNBERS FOR PROFESSIONALS.

Just a sample:

Visit My Website

Aquafresh is the lead toothpaste and brushes brand in the portfolio of GlaxoSmithKline, now the global #2 in oral care behind Colgate, but #3 in the US. The company has steadily strengthened its presence in the sector through launch and acquisition, and also controls a number of other well-known brands around the world including Sensodyne, Odol and Macleans. However Aquafresh has blossomed since the late 1990s to the extent that it is now the single most valuable brand in GSK's entire consumer healthcare portfolio.

So let's make a pool here? Is it really N3? :lol2

One more sample HOW TO ADVERTISE:

Visit My Website

Archived