WINDOW FILM BUSINESS

Leo I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Window film can and probably should be marketed as a lifestyle choice but I don't think that you can totally escape using the numbers. Numbers have been used to market film for too long to simply cease using them and expect the consumer to feel comfortable with their absence, the shift in marketing would have to be gradual. Maybe a reduced emphasis on the figures and more focus on the lifestyle benefits achieved from film but I think you will still find that we rely on the numbers to convey those lifestyle benefits :lol2

Figures must be behind. For example You buy a car. Firstly You look how nice is it. And that this car was choosed by ....... .

Only AFTER that You come to dealer and ask him: enging, transmission, how many fuel and so on.

But first signal You got from

img_10.jpg

I am sure that people buy Aston not because of tech data's - but MAINLY because of legend. But of course this is a car.

BENTLEY is same VW - but people here are proud from their VW with Bentley logo.

I realize that window film industry is not so huge to sponsore Bond movies or so on.

Not - needed.

Just became closer to people, closer to FINAL CUSTOMER.

WINDOW FILM SALES ARE ON SAME LEVEL LIKE IT WAS AT 80-90-th. NOTHING CHANGED. Only phrase ADVANCED CERAMIC ADDED - our scientists like this phrase a lot :lol2

And in reality - why I have to give advice to my collegues-competitors, they borrowed a lot :lol:lol

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leo I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Window film can and probably should be marketed as a lifestyle choice but I don't think that you can totally escape using the numbers. Numbers have been used to market film for too long to simply cease using them and expect the consumer to feel comfortable with their absence, the shift in marketing would have to be gradual. Maybe a reduced emphasis on the figures and more focus on the lifestyle benefits achieved from film but I think you will still find that we rely on the numbers to convey those lifestyle benefits :lol2

OF COURSE. Numbers must exist. But there must be TWO GROUPS OF NUMBERS.

N1 - EYECATCHING NUMBERS.

N2 - NUNBERS FOR PROFESSIONALS.

Again Leo I agree with you.

I think that the consumer is easily confused and overwhelmed by the numbers thrown at them and in most cases lack the understanding of what the numbers mean to comprehend the relevance to their film needs, the same can be said for some tinters. As professionals we could avoid confusing our customers by asking the right questions and then only suggesting the films that achieve the 'lifestyle' they are looking for, relating only the numbers that are easily understood. A confused customer rarely closes a deal, by making the decision too hard you miss out on the deal altogether because most people don't like to admit that they don't understand what is being said :lol2

Yes, of course.

We must give customwr TWO THINGS.

Right decision of his problem and realising that he got a thing.

No idea like in USA - but here people are more proud wearing D&G T-Shirt than just Wallmart T-Shirt.

Yes - both shirts are similar and provide the same.

The problem of window film industry - it is oriented on dealer-installer - not on customer.

Look at tootpaste - the advertise FOR US. To reach our brain with their "true lie".

What about window films?

They try to reach YOU, not YOUR CUSTOMER.

And window film industry "true lie" never changed since they was born.

Only one team invented own story abour 15 dealers weekly (seems it happened 3-4 years ago - they need calculator).

Not my deal how they sell - but I decide to open this thread.

Archived