2009 passat estate

b7adh

Has anyone done one yet, a customer is picking his up next month when the new reg comes out and wants it tinting.

Just wondering if there is anything to watch out for. he also doesnt really want the pannels removed so are the seals tight or can I leave them.

thanks

brad

Guest naughtydog

I leave them in, they are quite recessed on the back doors. I finish the film about 1mm above the rub rail, with the curve of the dor panel you cannot see where the film finishes.

so leave the film above the seal and not tuck it, never done that before - will it have a risk off peeling a bit if its hitting the seal everytime its wound down? al give it a try but I always thought its best to tuck.

Guest naughtydog

On those, you can snap the film and sit it above the rub rail, when the window goes into the door the glass moves inwards slightly away from the rubber. I do loads of cars this way and if snapped/shrunk correctly they wont peel.

Tucking the rubber is good on some cars, but when the rubber is down a chasm like on the passat, I dont thinks it's great.

got it done today, it took a little longer than I thought as the rear door windows give me a little hard time not taking the door pannel off + felt seals + the amount of film that gets tucked under the seal at the top side of the window if you get me. Still came out good and another happy customer leaving with a smile.

carbon 18

26092009001.jpg

26092009003.jpg

Archived