• Tint/tek 20/20
    • film designs
    • firstcut
    • other

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

any system that makes you use thier film isnt worth the money one way or the other. your either paying a "service bill" and using any film you want...or using an over priced, usually reboxed roll of trash.

I use tint tek and I like it. sometimes the templates are off, but that goes for just about every system at times from what I hear. I dont use any other system to compare tint tek to, but for the price to get set up, and use...and a quality plotter, it was the best deal out there.

Filmdesigns- Hands down. There is no better technical support than what they offer. Their patterns are great-the updates are quick,I've used them since they came out! Before I used Tinttek and it was a pain to update...their patterns weren't great and it was a pain to get them to correct the bad ones. Filmdesigns owner is hands on and handles his business. Also with filmdesigns you automatically get vinyl software as well-so you can cut signs and decals. They also offer PPF patterns and MANY other features.Great company and awesome people to deal with. Oh and they dont care what brand film you use! :thumb

I've used computercut and now use precision cut. computercut had a much nicer setup for applications in the cut window. it was also much more user friendly than precision cut. also had a much nicer way of looking at patterns without putting them into the cut window and you can have many patterns IN the cut window.

as far as the patterns themselves once cut....precision cut is more accurate. BUT....I haven't used computercut in a few years so they might have improved the patterns since then. when I used computercut I basically only used it for the graphics. the patterns were that bad. precision cut is the opposite for me. I don't use it for graphics much at all but I use it for cutting tint patterns every day.

I am a CC user for 10yrs . doing a 2 week trial of precision cut , SO far precision cut alot better but like you said cc is alot user friendly but in the end the patterns are more important .

Filmdesigns- Hands down. There is no better technical support than what they offer.

don't take this wrong bro, but I feel you shouldn't even have to deal with technical support. :thumb I don't wanna have to call anyone because I've got issues. I've called llumar once, to set the program up. other than that I don't need or want to talk to them. :thumb

By technical support-I guess I mean...if their is ANY ISSUE-which have been FEW...you just hit tech support and you are online with them. Blade- of course someone like you or myself-who have years of experience working with design programs and plotters wont require tech support. But I know for a fact that someone-no matter how talented of a tinter they may be-will have a question or problem or two before they are efficient with a film plotter.Whether its a question about how to set the blade depth-how to change a cutting strip-how to import images off a disk- how to rid your system of viruses because of surfing the net with your tint computer... :thumb any of the things you and I would take for granted because we already know. Thats what I mean by tech support. Trust me-tech support is important. :thumb

TZ..I wonder how long ago it was since you used Tint Tek..I can't speak for the past..but as far as "the Now " I gotta defend them and say they are excellent for tech support for ant issues..I'm a complete newbie when it comes to plotter programs and the set up is very user friendly, if yo uhave an issue they are there ready to help you ..as far as the patterns go..if there is not one quite to your liking..you can change the patternto suit your personal needs without tech support :dunno

True-in fairness it has been a long time TW. My problem was that when I used them the patterns were set and no adjustments could be made. Another problem was that if there was a bad pattern they required 3 complaints before they would fix it...and the updates...were always a problem.Nice thing about filmdesigns is that I never have to change a pattern because they fit to my likings. I will pitch for filmdesigns because it has been a smooth ride with them. You know if I had problems that I'm not skeered to post them! :thumb Try the rest-then get the best! :dunno Good to see ya TW.Does that mean you bought a tint tek setup? :thumb

film designs hands down has the best customer service. Their patterns fit great but if you ever need a change on a pattern you can do it yourself then forward it over so its in your database next time & its done within days unlike some others I know of they never even make the change! Film designs tech support is very fast & efficient. And yes I've used tint tek and cc but I stuck with the best !

Their patterns fit great but if you ever need a change on a pattern you can do it yourself then forward it over so its in your database next time & its done within days unlike some others I know of they never even make the change!

that's the other thing I don't get. if a change needs to be made then it's already too late. by that point of changing it on the software it could have been hand cut. dunno.gif

Archived