• film designs
    • firstcut
    • other

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be more mad I couldnt check TD than cut patterns! :lol2

What does computer cut cost?

Here in uk after you buy software an plotter it cost £99 + vat a month if you buy solargard film if you dont it cast £249 + vat a month.Rip off big time dont explain this when buying system.

Would like to change so this is a good forum to find which one would be good to change to, I need one that is good for euro cars as looking at some of the systems they only cover cars sold in USA

Guest WholesaleGrafix

Hey all, In our shop we have used some these software's in the past: TintTek 2020, Invisible patterns, and Film Designs.

We have had extensive experience with all 3. By FAR, the Film & Vinyl Designs software is the BEST. If some of you have never heard or tried Film Designs, here has been our experience.

The guys over at FVD know their software and patterns inside-and-out, and have customer service like no other company we have ever experienced. Let me give you some examples.

1. They have a remote support agent so when you have a problem with your software (every software has it's quirks), they can quickly connect to your computer, control your desktop, and fix the solution without you having do anything, except let them in.

2. Brett and the gang over at FVD are so dedicated, that this one time we needed help, Brett was at the gym while still on the phone with me trying to solve the problem. Talk about Customer Service!

3. Their software is just like a full-fledged design software with some features that I have never seen in popular design software before.

4. They have pattern databases for vehicle Tint, AND an extensive pattern database for Clear Urethane Paint Protection films. Their paint protection patterns have more coverage than most other software, while still keeping within 24" material bounds.

5. Their database comes with a built-in clip-art section that has logo's, flames, and other design elements that you can use to incorporate into your work.

6. And they have an interactive demo on their site. ( http://fvd.bz/Home/FilmDesigns/FD_Interact...63/Default.aspx )

7. They have no usage fees, you pay for the features you want to use, and you get unlimited use of those features. However, there is a yearly fee to continue updating the patterns.

If you have never tried Film Designs before, try the demo.

We are also a distributor of the Film Designs software suites, but we only sell what we view to be the best software for the best money.

Call us at 1-250-260-3100 (or 1-800-887-3777 in Canada) if you have questions or for pricing.

-Mike Huston

Wholesale Grafix Distributors

( http://www.wholesalegrafix.com for more contact information)

Looks like Im the only one that uses FirstCut. I like it, but I cannot compare to anything else b/c I havent used anything else. They have recently changed the program, and Im trying to get used to it but to me, its not as user friendly as the old one. With the old program, I can change the pattern size, and save changes in my "user files". Blade, instead of hand cutting it when you know that the pattern may need to be modified, why not modify it and save it for the next one? The new program will get all that jazz too. I also liked that I can "mirror" patterns. For example: If I wanted to used a 36" roll for the rear window on a versa HB, I can cut 2 back glass's with one pull.

I think the monthly fee is $75 for tint patterns only, and $125 for ppf/tint.

BTW, the film is reboxed Madico CH. The name on the box is FirstCut window films. Just FYI.

You can change the pattern size and save the file still. Come by my office and ill show you.

Also its not reboxed. Madico boxes it that way since they use and sell it the same way.

Blade, instead of hand cutting it when you know that the pattern may need to be modified, why not modify it and save it for the next one?

because by the time I do that I could just have the window tinted. :boogie I'm not gonna dick around with that shiat. I just want the car tinted and out of my shop. :D

Guest Solfilm bilstereo

Been using computercut for 7 years now... ! Bought the system for around 69000 danish crowns = 13500 dollars ! plus a regular charge each months on 720 kr = 143 dollars each months for the internet access..

Done deal.. steady agreement.. no problems super product.. OR NOT!

Of course they told us that we should use their films.. of course.. even though its illegal to make that kind of locking agreement of costumers here in denmark.. they did that.. and no problem on it..

not until you use other film.. and buy less solargard

3 out of 10 patterns does not fit and you spend hours doing your own.. and even if the sales guy from sg promised the monthly charge was 720dkk they have now after 7 years suddenly put it up to the double..

today first bill 2179 dkk something.. You even are promised that you can get around 40 dollars for each pattern you make for them... I have done alot.. But i have not seen any money..

And the sales guy just put me off everytime i ask...

And they just shake their heads at me when i complain... it was a clear agreement that the monthly charge would not go up...

And i am still buying small amounts of solargard film on regular basis..

So i really think that solargard " beakert" are on the wrong side of the coffee table... they should have done this in another way..

Please give me your comments... :

Guest FilmDesigns

send me a email at tech@fvd.bz and I will send you information on Film Designs. I would like to help you find a less expesive and hoepfully better solution for your software needs if you are interested.

Been using computercut for 7 years now... ! Bought the system for around 69000 danish crowns = 13500 dollars ! plus a regular charge each months on 720 kr = 143 dollars each months for the internet access..

Done deal.. steady agreement.. no problems super product.. OR NOT!

Of course they told us that we should use their films.. of course.. even though its illegal to make that kind of locking agreement of costumers here in denmark.. they did that.. and no problem on it..

not until you use other film.. and buy less solargard

3 out of 10 patterns does not fit and you spend hours doing your own.. and even if the sales guy from sg promised the monthly charge was 720dkk they have now after 7 years suddenly put it up to the double..

today first bill 2179 dkk something.. You even are promised that you can get around 40 dollars for each pattern you make for them... I have done alot.. But i have not seen any money..

And the sales guy just put me off everytime i ask...

And they just shake their heads at me when i complain... it was a clear agreement that the monthly charge would not go up...

And i am still buying small amounts of solargard film on regular basis..

So i really think that solargard " beakert" are on the wrong side of the coffee table... they should have done this in another way..

Please give me your comments... :

I feel your pain! Bekeart is definitely making a major mistake here.

You should do some checking into other programs if this is not working for you. As you can see from the above posts, there ARE other alternatives that are definitely worth checking out.

Archived