Government handouts

Guest tint51

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So CT I take it you won't be going to Boston to pay respects to Kennedy? :lol2

He's never been one of my favorites. I feel for the family in the respect that they lost two members in such a short time. However, the political record of the man will be touted as the greatest ever, but truly should have retired years ago and let some new ideas come in. The unfortunate sense of entitlement that our politicians feel.

And, Sun, where ya been on this topic?? I thought you would have been loud on this one...........

Guest Sunlimited

IMO, There hasn't been a great politician in many years, although Kennedy was instrumental in passing some key bills that no doubtedly assisted the nation into becoming what it is ( certain healthcare and equality bills ), he also worked against many of the rights we enjoy as American citizens ( Instrumental in gun control, "Bush administration war crimes", and "CIA torture"?????) It's tragic for any family to lose a loved one, but for the general public he will be replaced. I just hope he is not replaced with some far left nut job, like we've seen enter the administration near frequently since Obama's been in office... :dunno

IMO, There hasn't been a great politician in many years, although Kennedy was instrumental in passing some key bills that no doubtedly assisted the nation into becoming what it is ( certain healthcare and equality bills ), he also worked against many of the rights we enjoy as American citizens ( Instrumental in gun control, "Bush administration war crimes", and "CIA torture"?????) It's tragic for any family to lose a loved one, but for the general public he will be replaced. I just hope he is not replaced with some far left nut job, like we've seen enter the administration near frequently since Obama's been in office... :dunno

I live in Mass. EEECH ,Its Fu***n expensive to be here. Duval P it a waste and it would seem he may be looking for a new job come reelection time

Guest Sunlimited

Don't know much about Duval, I hope for your sake he's not in the likes of Sotamayer, Pelosi, et al. Seems like all the crazy's come from CA,VT,MA,or CT.... :dunno

Well, the government blew through $3 billion in funds for the CARS rebate in less than half the time they expected and now announced that they are doing the same for appliances. When will these leberal fools learn that putting us deeper in debt for an end run bailout of all these industries is not going to get us out of this mess. The CARS deal will show its true colors in 6 - 12 months when we see how many vehicles are reposessed. A great number of the cars just sold under the program were definately sold to people who could barely afford to keep the car they had on the road, but, because of the govt. money and low or non-existant interest rates, they jumped into a new car with a substantial payment. You see $40,000 cars leaving the lot with a 20-25 year old car as the clunker (real value $500/clunker value $3500) and know they jumped in because of deal. NOW, we see more of our money being shoveled out the door to buy a new appliance??? The reality of the deal is, these handouts are taken advantage of by many. There are many who DO need to replace their appliance, since it is very old or near death. But many who use this are well off and can afford to pay the price. But, as usual, we will foot the bill for this. I say, let me keep my money (tax increases are on the way) and I will spend it as I see fit.

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :dunno

I agree with your comment... Why don't they do things... Money to add Solar to my home, or wind power...Something that gives back to everyone...

:dunno tint 51 you hit it right on the head. Why not put that money into something that is really productive (wind/solar energy). I heard the other day that next year GM will be coming out with a electric car that is supposed to get 250 mpg. I would rather raise taxes for technology like that than for appliances to go on sale. :dunno If we are going to throw all of our money away we might as well put it in somewhat of a good place. I heard on the news(I know you cant always trust them but...)that the CASH for clunkers thing was also allowing people to buy big SUV's that in most cases the gas was worse than in their previous clunker. WTF???? That shouldnt be right. The government needs to do something to try and help us start recovering from this trillion dollar debt. I think we should learn by CA and make medicinal /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 legal all over and tax the %&$# out of it( about like cigarettes). Im not a pothead by no means but damn...we really need to start looking for a way out. With all this stuff going on I might have to start smoking tho to get me out of this depression about our economics. Sorry for ranting it just really pisses me off.

Guest tint51
Well, the government blew through $3 billion in funds for the CARS rebate in less than half the time they expected and now announced that they are doing the same for appliances. When will these leberal fools learn that putting us deeper in debt for an end run bailout of all these industries is not going to get us out of this mess. The CARS deal will show its true colors in 6 - 12 months when we see how many vehicles are reposessed. A great number of the cars just sold under the program were definately sold to people who could barely afford to keep the car they had on the road, but, because of the govt. money and low or non-existant interest rates, they jumped into a new car with a substantial payment. You see $40,000 cars leaving the lot with a 20-25 year old car as the clunker (real value $500/clunker value $3500) and know they jumped in because of deal. NOW, we see more of our money being shoveled out the door to buy a new appliance??? The reality of the deal is, these handouts are taken advantage of by many. There are many who DO need to replace their appliance, since it is very old or near death. But many who use this are well off and can afford to pay the price. But, as usual, we will foot the bill for this. I say, let me keep my money (tax increases are on the way) and I will spend it as I see fit.

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :thumb

I agree with your comment... Why don't they do things... Money to add Solar to my home, or wind power...Something that gives back to everyone...

:gay tint 51 you hit it right on the head. Why not put that money into something that is really productive (wind/solar energy). I heard the other day that next year GM will be coming out with a electric car that is supposed to get 250 mpg. I would rather raise taxes for technology like that than for appliances to go on sale. :thumb If we are going to throw all of our money away we might as well put it in somewhat of a good place. I heard on the news(I know you cant always trust them but...)that the CASH for clunkers thing was also allowing people to buy big SUV's that in most cases the gas was worse than in their previous clunker. WTF???? That shouldnt be right. The government needs to do something to try and help us start recovering from this trillion dollar debt. I think we should learn by CA and make medicinal /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 legal all over and tax the %&$# out of it( about like cigarettes). Im not a pothead by no means but damn...we really need to start looking for a way out. With all this stuff going on I might have to start smoking tho to get me out of this depression about our economics. Sorry for ranting it just really pisses me off.

Sounds good but I don't think they have voted to pass the Medical Pot to tax it yet.. we will see.. but good idea..Plus things like solar can make your meter run backwards..making more for everyone....!

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :gay

:gay tint 51 you hit it right on the head. Why not put that money into something that is really productive (wind/solar energy). I heard the other day that next year GM will be coming out with a electric car that is supposed to get 250 mpg. I would rather raise taxes for technology like that than for appliances to go on sale. :thumb If we are going to throw all of our money away we might as well put it in somewhat of a good place. I heard on the news(I know you cant always trust them but...)that the CASH for clunkers thing was also allowing people to buy big SUV's that in most cases the gas was worse than in their previous clunker. WTF???? That shouldnt be right. The government needs to do something to try and help us start recovering from this trillion dollar debt. I think we should learn by CA and make medicinal /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 legal all over and tax the %&$# out of it( about like cigarettes). Im not a pothead by no means but damn...we really need to start looking for a way out. With all this stuff going on I might have to start smoking tho to get me out of this depression about our economics. Sorry for ranting it just really pisses me off.

Sounds good but I don't think they have voted to pass the Medical Pot to tax it yet.. we will see.. but good idea..Plus things like solar can make your meter run backwards..making more for everyone....!

The only reason why I said that about taxing the medicinal mary-j was cause its been all over CNN about a month ago that they started to tax it up in oakland. Its crazy. Its just a matter of time before the rest of the state follows suit then comes the rest of the states lol :thumb

Guest tint51

Who's next for a bailout?? The p***o industry??? (oh, yeah, they already asked for goverment money to bolster themselves and probably got a backdoor payout on the sly)............................. :gay

:gay tint 51 you hit it right on the head. Why not put that money into something that is really productive (wind/solar energy). I heard the other day that next year GM will be coming out with a electric car that is supposed to get 250 mpg. I would rather raise taxes for technology like that than for appliances to go on sale. :gay If we are going to throw all of our money away we might as well put it in somewhat of a good place. I heard on the news(I know you cant always trust them but...)that the CASH for clunkers thing was also allowing people to buy big SUV's that in most cases the gas was worse than in their previous clunker. WTF???? That shouldnt be right. The government needs to do something to try and help us start recovering from this trillion dollar debt. I think we should learn by CA and make medicinal /\/\4R1jU4|\|4 legal all over and tax the %&$# out of it( about like cigarettes). Im not a pothead by no means but damn...we really need to start looking for a way out. With all this stuff going on I might have to start smoking tho to get me out of this depression about our economics. Sorry for ranting it just really pisses me off.

The only reason why I said that about taxing the medicinal mary-j was cause its been all over CNN about a month ago that they started to tax it up in oakland. Its crazy. Its just a matter of time before the rest of the state follows suit then comes the rest of the states lol :thumb

Bring it on..... :thumb:cool

Archived