Government handouts

Guest tint51

The new chevy volt This is what I was talking about. I have to say I disagree with you about electric not taking off. I think the new chevy volt will change the playing field as we know it. The press confrence I read somewhere said something about the price. IDK if its true or not but they said it was supposed to start at around 50k if im not mistaken. Thats really the only downfall I can see with the car. I like the stylish looks of it and hope they come out pretty soon. I dont know about you but I dont have that long of a commute and have a hook-up at the shop if I needed to recharge. That wouldnt be too bad having to fill your car up every few weeks...

I know what car you are talking about, but how can an electric car be better for the environment when you still need polluting energy generation to power the car. You are missing the point. This car does nothing for a cleaner environment, nothing. If everyone drove a Volt, or any fully electric car for that matter, there would be a higher demand for electricty that is required to power the vehicle. Electric cars are similar to gas powered vehicles in that they pollute. Electric cars do it by way of getting their juice. I think the range on that car is about 200 miles. It would last me about a day and a half. So of course it wouldnt be the car for me, but these cars wont solve anything.

Compressed natural gas is the answer. Much like gasoline, but its clean and plentiful. OR, hydrogen powered vehicles. The Honda Clarity puts the Volt to shame. Either one is a better alternative.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOW, so you're saying the new G6? lists for about less than $20 k??? 9 GRAND plus the max of $4500 comes to $13,500. And dealer incentives reach are $3500 (looked it up on their website) That would put the price (as you are saying) at $17,000. Kind of tough to believe, when the stripped down model starts at $21K. And just so you realize it, manu of the vehicles leaving the lots were nowhere near that price (the dealers here were moving tons of Pilots, Odyseas, Toyota vans all starting at $32,000+) AND, I went to shop for a new vehicle for my wife and there were minimal incentives being offered and no discussions on pricing, since they were moving so many cars, they werent discussiong it. If you really think that so many of the people who got into this deal bought the G6 or other cheap vehicle and did not jump up to a more expensive car due to the CARS program, you may feel differently soon!!! :bingo

Lets also remember, foreign auto makers reaped the benefits of the cash for clunkers program. More Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans were sold than Fords, GM's (any GM make), and Chysler. I couldnt agree more with your posts CT!

Guest Sunlimited
WOW, so you're saying the new G6? lists for about less than $20 k??? 9 GRAND plus the max of $4500 comes to $13,500. And dealer incentives reach are $3500 (looked it up on their website) That would put the price (as you are saying) at $17,000. Kind of tough to believe, when the stripped down model starts at $21K. And just so you realize it, manu of the vehicles leaving the lots were nowhere near that price (the dealers here were moving tons of Pilots, Odyseas, Toyota vans all starting at $32,000+) AND, I went to shop for a new vehicle for my wife and there were minimal incentives being offered and no discussions on pricing, since they were moving so many cars, they werent discussiong it. If you really think that so many of the people who got into this deal bought the G6 or other cheap vehicle and did not jump up to a more expensive car due to the CARS program, you may feel differently soon!!! :bingo

Lets also remember, foreign auto makers reaped the benefits of the cash for clunkers program. More Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans were sold than Fords, GM's (any GM make), and Chysler. I couldnt agree more with your posts CT!

Actually the most sold vehicle was the Focus...But I agree with CT's post as well :thumb

Actually the most sold vehicle was the Focus...But I agree with CT's post as well :thumb

Correct, but I was using a general statistic. Foriegn auto makers got 59% of all vehicles sold vs 41% of American auto makers.

Top 10 vehicles:

1. Ford Focus

2. Toyota Corolla

3. Honda Civic

4. Toyota Prius

5. Toyota Camry

6. Ford Escape

7. Hyundai Elantra

8. Dodge Caliber

9. Honda Fit

10. Chevrolet Cobalt

Link

Percentage per automakers

The new chevy volt This is what I was talking about. I have to say I disagree with you about electric not taking off. I think the new chevy volt will change the playing field as we know it. The press confrence I read somewhere said something about the price. IDK if its true or not but they said it was supposed to start at around 50k if im not mistaken. Thats really the only downfall I can see with the car. I like the stylish looks of it and hope they come out pretty soon. I dont know about you but I dont have that long of a commute and have a hook-up at the shop if I needed to recharge. That wouldnt be too bad having to fill your car up every few weeks...

I know what car you are talking about, but how can an electric car be better for the environment when you still need polluting energy generation to power the car. You are missing the point. This car does nothing for a cleaner environment, nothing. If everyone drove a Volt, or any fully electric car for that matter, there would be a higher demand for electricty that is required to power the vehicle. Electric cars are similar to gas powered vehicles in that they pollute. Electric cars do it by way of getting their juice. I think the range on that car is about 200 miles. It would last me about a day and a half. So of course it wouldnt be the car for me, but these cars wont solve anything.

Compressed natural gas is the answer. Much like gasoline, but its clean and plentiful. OR, hydrogen powered vehicles. The Honda Clarity puts the Volt to shame. Either one is a better alternative.

This is why Nuc. power is the way to go.. Cleanest least amount of waste,,

You have some good points there. Hydrogen would be the best fuel source for vehicles. It would be nice to be able to drink your emissions up :lol since its H2O :lol

Guest Drummmer69

As far as our deficet goes...thats the whole american mentality!! Just throw money at it and it will be all better!! In our business how many times have we heard "Ill pay extra to get to the top of the list."? How many malls are jam packed with soccer moms that havent worked a day in their lives but spend. We all have to keep up with the Jones'. New Lexus, new Tahoe Heaven forbid I have one of the old styles!! New Flat panel TV the bigger the better! We as Americans dont save anything!! But we love to preach about saving this save that...just throw money at it! donate to saving the wales, saving the starving children in foreign countries, save the forests, save the planet.....just write me a check. Well here we are, in the worst deficet ever. But it is the peoples fault. This country was founded on the beliefs of a few that were tired of being told what to do, what to wear, what god to worship. If we the people are not happy with the way things are going, then we the people have the right and Constitution to back us up, and doing away with the Politicans that have made our lives this way, but do we do anything about it??? Write a check. Donate. Yeah...that will work. Ive preached for years now about the way corporate america treats the common person. Ever try to get some Techinal support from HP, Dish Network, ATT, you name it.....no offense but you get some person in a foreign country that speaks horrible english, I spend most of that time on hold. For what?? Just write a check.

Its our fault, Figurativly. We walk around with our heads up our asses saying "everything is just fine, lets try that new restraunt tonight". While our leaders tell us everything is Hunky dory!! I say bullshit!! Everything is not alright! Lets keep the rich rich and the poor will just die out, and then we will be all fine!! No poor people to drag us down.

Im white, married, with one child with my wife, not divorced. Ive worked %&$# jobs most of my life, struggling to make ends meet, Wife works her ass off to help. She needed a historectomy (sic) 21k$ surgery. Went to the gubment for help...heres what they said: Because your white we will not help, Because you have a biological child together we will not help, Because your married we will not help, Because you make 500$ More a month over our measly ass cut off we will not help. So Lets see here, we are married with child and no help (Damn us for trying to do things the right way) Im white so no help (Damn me for being of no color) And We both work so no help (damn us for not sitting on our dead asses with our hands out) WTF?? Where did we go wrong?

Im sorry for my rambling...and spelling...Im not the brightest crayon in the box....but I do know when things are going wrong...I will not bury my head in the sand and just throw money at a problem.

As far as our deficet goes...thats the whole american mentality!! Just throw money at it and it will be all better!! In our business how many times have we heard "Ill pay extra to get to the top of the list."? How many malls are jam packed with soccer moms that havent worked a day in their lives but spend. We all have to keep up with the Jones'. New Lexus, new Tahoe Heaven forbid I have one of the old styles!! New Flat panel TV the bigger the better! We as Americans dont save anything!! But we love to preach about saving this save that...just throw money at it! donate to saving the wales, saving the starving children in foreign countries, save the forests, save the planet.....just write me a check. Well here we are, in the worst deficet ever. But it is the peoples fault. This country was founded on the beliefs of a few that were tired of being told what to do, what to wear, what god to worship. If we the people are not happy with the way things are going, then we the people have the right and Constitution to back us up, and doing away with the Politicans that have made our lives this way, but do we do anything about it??? Write a check. Donate. Yeah...that will work. Ive preached for years now about the way corporate america treats the common person. Ever try to get some Techinal support from HP, Dish Network, ATT, you name it.....no offense but you get some person in a foreign country that speaks horrible english, I spend most of that time on hold. For what?? Just write a check.

Its our fault, Figurativly. We walk around with our heads up our asses saying "everything is just fine, lets try that new restraunt tonight". While our leaders tell us everything is Hunky dory!! I say bullshit!! Everything is not alright! Lets keep the rich rich and the poor will just die out, and then we will be all fine!! No poor people to drag us down.

Im white, married, with one child with my wife, not divorced. Ive worked %&$# jobs most of my life, struggling to make ends meet, Wife works her ass off to help. She needed a historectomy (sic) 21k$ surgery. Went to the gubment for help...heres what they said: Because your white we will not help, Because you have a biological child together we will not help, Because your married we will not help, Because you make 500$ More a month over our measly ass cut off we will not help. So Lets see here, we are married with child and no help (Damn us for trying to do things the right way) Im white so no help (Damn me for being of no color) And We both work so no help (damn us for not sitting on our dead asses with our hands out) WTF?? Where did we go wrong?

Im sorry for my rambling...and spelling...Im not the brightest crayon in the box....but I do know when things are going wrong...I will not bury my head in the sand and just throw money at a problem.

Great points. It does seem being in debt is the American way. The politicians must think that way. I think youre right. We need to "clean house" and get those that can be responsible with our money to make the right decisions. America has problems of its own and should stop pouring money into countries that will NEVER adopt our ways of life.

21K? Do you have insurance?

Guest Drummmer69

Insurance??? HA!! For 600 a month I could....this was 4 years ago. Besides all that....I tried getting her insured but no company would cover pre-exsisting conditions.

Archived