Government handouts

Guest tint51

Insurance??? HA!! For 600 a month I could....this was 4 years ago. Besides all that....I tried getting her insured but no company would cover pre-exsisting conditions.

Insurance would be a problem for me too as a have a heart defect Kid.. they would never take me now...!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Insurance??? HA!! For 600 a month I could....this was 4 years ago. Besides all that....I tried getting her insured but no company would cover pre-exsisting conditions.

Insurance would be a problem for me too as a have a heart defect Kid.. they would never take me now...!!!

They would...for a hefty price. Remember, health insurance companies are a business that turns a profit.

At $600 a month (if thats what it would cost to insure her now) it would take 35 months to reach 21K. Seem like a bargain to pay $600/month and get the surgery within a year, even if the plan was a 20/80. That would be $4200 out of pocket after the surgery plus however many months you paid the $600. Medical bills are ALWAYS negotiable. Get it done and when the bill comes in, dont pay until they call you. Get it reduced and get on a payment plan, say $15k (I bet you can get it 10k), and thats $416/month for 3 years.

I feel for both of you about preconditions, and Im sure its tougher for you than it is me.

Guest Drummmer69

I think thats messed up!! If a kid has a couple speeding tickets and a wreck....he can still get car insurance. Might pay more, but since you have a heart defect, I assume from birth, your screwed.

Archived