Nerve damage?

Guest Sunlimited

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say call around to the docs and if you dont have insurance they will give you a price here it usually costs around 100.00 and they have payment plans that you can work out with the doc.......you should really have it checked out it could be worse than what you think and feel........you never know......

The doctor will want you to have a nerve conduction test done. They basically hook electrodes up to your leg and send a harmless electric shock to different areas of your leg to test the nerves in the area. Once they verify the nerves that are damaged, he will offer to have a steroid injected in your groin area or knee area subcutaneously. The steroid will work its way down and help with any inflamed nerve endings, which will help with any pain or tingling. You may have to do this every three to six months. The other route would be to give you neurontin (medication used to help with peripheral neuropathy) which is pain/tingling. Or if its not a big issue for you, just live with it. Nerves don't normally regenerate when damaged. I have had an area on my outer thigh that is basically numb and flares up every so often with pain/tingling. The main nerve that travels through the pelvis got pinched at some point in my younger years and I just learned to live with it. Sucks!

The doctor will want you to have a nerve conduction test done. They basically hook electrodes up to your leg and send a harmless electric shock to different areas of your leg to test the nerves in the area. Once they verify the nerves that are damaged, he will offer to have a steroid injected in your groin area or knee area subcutaneously. The steroid will work its way down and help with any inflamed nerve endings, which will help with any pain or tingling. You may have to do this every three to six months. The other route would be to give you neurontin (medication used to help with peripheral neuropathy) which is pain/tingling. Or if its not a big issue for you, just live with it. Nerves don't normally regenerate when damaged. I have had an area on my outer thigh that is basically numb and flares up every so often with pain/tingling. The main nerve that travels through the pelvis got pinched at some point in my younger years and I just learned to live with it. Sucks!

You must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest vclimber

That sounds like it will cost a lot of money? :lol2

Guest vclimber
Don't be a wuss just cut the damn leg off and quit yer belly aching. A couple of old tint tubes cut to length a little duct tape then yer all set.

spit.gif You know this is window tinting, someone might try doing that... :lol2

He knows what he's talkin about.... He IS our resident RN....:dunno

Archived