Plotter addiction

I work for this business that tought me how to tint. We only used a plotter. I really got used to it. Now the plotter is crap and I think the boss should get a new one. These things are supposed to increase productivity whereas this one leave me chasing the lines with my olfa. I think that they might want me just to hand cut to save some dough. I went to a school in Orange County where I really picked up some stuff. I can hand cut no problem... My only question is should I expect the same kind of money?

Guest tint51
Dude I am not Pro but I would say that the customer pays the same price you get the same cut.

Some people use it as a selling point. (Dealership do this to please custys.)That you use a computer to cut the tint...

I work for this business that tought me how to tint. We only used a plotter. I really got used to it. Now the plotter is crap and I think the boss should get a new one. These things are supposed to increase productivity whereas this one leave me chasing the lines with my olfa. I think that they might want me just to hand cut to save some dough. I went to a school in Orange County where I really picked up some stuff. I can hand cut no problem... My only question is should I expect the same kind of money?

I don't know what your plotter problem is but it could be nothing more than needing a new blade or adjusting the downforce pressure. If that is all thats wrong with it then it would be a simple and cheap fix. :lol2

Guest scottydosnntkno
Figured out my plotter prob. The entire key pad is fried. ordered a new one. Maybe a good thing though- I will just have to quit being so damn dependent on that f???? thing.

some people love em, some people hate em. I wouldn't completely rely on it though

Archived