Plotter Issue

Guest mcpcola

Guest mcpcola

Ok so I finally am trying to cut some graphics using tint. I am practicing with some Solar Gard NR cause I got it cheap. The issue I have is that the plotter either cuts through both the tint and the liner or does not completely cut the tint. I have tried to adjust the blade per the instructions which is to hand cut the material and adjust till it only cuts one layer but for some reason it is either both layers or none. I am getting PO'd here so please help.

lighten up the downforce on the plotter settings.. also.. if the teflon strip on the plotter is worn much or has a groove in it you need to replace that also (usually the blade will cut too deep in spots and not deep enough in other spots if this is the case)

:lol

Guest mcpcola

I have the pressure set at 30 cause 40 cuts all the way through. I think I may have messed up the teflon strip as it does have a groove in it from where I messed up and it ran with out material for a minute or two.

Ok so I finally am trying to cut some graphics using tint. I am practicing with some Solar Gard NR cause I got it cheap. The issue I have is that the plotter either cuts through both the tint and the liner or does not completely cut the tint. I have tried to adjust the blade per the instructions which is to hand cut the material and adjust till it only cuts one layer but for some reason it is either both layers or none. I am getting PO'd here so please help.

Have a dgi plotter for nr setting is , force 085gm , speed 10 , offset is 0.85mm cuts great at this setting.

It's going to depend on what plotter you have, as to the pressure settings.

Are you using a 30 degree blade??

I have found that they cut tint a little better than a 45 or 60...

Keep those 3 blades on hand and experiment between them and you will find a sweet spot... :lol

Try putting some transfer tape on the back, so if it does cut through, it should hold together....

Dang, I have mine at 130!! Its a Roland Camm-1Pro. You can barely feel the blade from the bottom of the holder. Its set at 25cm/s, with the pen force at 0. I think the blade is a 45. Havent had to adjust the blade in three months. Always wipe the teflon strip every 4-5 cuts, and occasionally blow the dust out of the blade holder.

Guest mcpcola

just figured out the issue the my plotter has both a teflon strip and a felt strip and if I move the blade to the second holder it cuts on the felt and works perfect.

Archived