just decided to add detailing to my tint biz

got some requests for it and have the extra time so I thought I would advertise and see what happens. got a call today and got to do a complete interior on a 1979 bluebird wonderlodge 34' rv. and I am lost. need a chemical to remove yellow smoke stains from the walls and cabinets if anyone can recommend one. this is going to be a big job I have a feeling. :dunno

Guest tint51
got some requests for it and have the extra time so I thought I would advertise and see what happens. got a call today and got to do a complete interior on a 1979 bluebird wonderlodge 34' rv. and I am lost. need a chemical to remove yellow smoke stains from the walls and cabinets if anyone can recommend one. this is going to be a big job I have a feeling. :dunno

WOW, starting off right...simple green spray bottle and lots of elbow grease..

I worked for a video game supplier and we had machines that had lived in bars that were nasty with smoke scum. We used Dow Scrubbing Bubbles on those puppies. You would not have imagined what that stuff pulled off of the cabinets and the plexi screens.....

so I vote for Scrubbing Bubbles!

Guest Drummmer69

I also offer detailing, I dont do the work, but my shop does. Once you get a system down its fairly cut and dry. As far as the smoke, windex or simple green is the best. Ive tried about every product that claims to be professional quality. Windex is just about the clean all. Works great on bug and bug goo, not so well on tar. BTW I have a customer that has a 08 Dodge xtd cab, his power seat shorted out and about burnt the truck to the ground, windows were rolled up. NOT FUN!!! Took 4 hours to clean just the inside, couldnt save the tint on the front windows, so I get to charge more to strip and retint (yay). It was horrible smoke damage, My girl got after it, when the p/u left it looked new again, save for the big a$$ burnt spot in the seat.

Good luck on your detailing venture, just give yourself more time than neccessary, drop off when you open and pickup when you close.

Guest Sunlimited

Don't under price yourself, I've been thinking of detailing, this morning I did my wife's truck.It came out beautiful, and it's always nice to see an end result, but the work SUCKS...SUCKS, SUCKS, thats all I can say... :spit It just reminded me as to why I don't offer it...

Archived