new texas tint law sept 1

Mr paladin

Just so happens my Brother who is an Attorney is in town for this weekend, will ask him if he will loook at it and translate it.

From what I read, it does not apply to back windows or any window which is legally tinted, but requires 1 sticker to indicate the tint job is legal.

If you look down to where it says

(b) subsection (a) does not apply to:

It appears to me 2/3 of this does not apply.

Will see if my Brother can look at this and give his opinion.

Are there any TX state Inspectors on here who ould also help with this ?

Guest willie
Got a letter from the iwfa about the legal sticker due to the confusion from the way the law actually reads. After there analysis they say it only has to be on the driver window. I will post the rest of the details of the letter monday

That would be cool, it seems everybodies interpretation is a little different. That would be cool to see what the iwfa say, thanks for that update.

Are any of you tx tinters making any changes to your legal stickers?

My distributor has a simple translated statement that says you only have to have 1 sticker on either the driver, pass, or windsheild. The IWFA has released a statement saying/recommending the sticker be placed on the drivers window. NOTHING but the fine has changed. Up from $500 to $1000....thats it.

I am a certified state inspector, nothing has changed. Checking for a sticker is not inspectable, niether is any rear windows...just the two fronts, and that limit is 20%, not 25%.

Guest willie
My distributor has a simple translated statement that says you only have to have 1 sticker on either the driver, pass, or windsheild. The IWFA has released a statement saying/recommending the sticker be placed on the drivers window. NOTHING but the fine has changed. Up from $500 to $1000....thats it.

I am a certified state inspector, nothing has changed. Checking for a sticker is not inspectable, niether is any rear windows...just the two fronts, and that limit is 20%, not 25%.

Thanks TJ :spit

Got a letter from the iwfa about the legal sticker due to the confusion from the way the law actually reads. After there analysis they say it only has to be on the driver window. I will post the rest of the details of the letter monday

That would be great :spit

Archived