Frustration

Today I was tinting the windshield of an RV. I have done 6 of them so far and never had a problem. I got started heat shrinking them and got some creases. So I decided that I would scrap that piece of film then redo it. Well I screwed up on the second one also. I was getting really frustrated so I told the customer that Im not going to be wasting any more film for the day and that I was going to head out and come back tomorrow. Do you guys ever have bad tinting days? Where you just feel like every thing that can go wrong goes wrong? Gosh. I lost alot of money and wasted so much time today. And on top of that hah, I broke my sprayer on the way out :thumb

Guest scottydosnntkno
Today I was tinting the windshield of an RV. I have done 6 of them so far and never had a problem. I got started heat shrinking them and got some creases. So I decided that I would scrap that piece of film then redo it. Well I screwed up on the second one also. I was getting really frustrated so I told the customer that Im not going to be wasting any more film for the day and that I was going to head out and come back tomorrow. Do you guys ever have bad tinting days? Where you just feel like every thing that can go wrong goes wrong? Gosh. I lost alot of money and wasted so much time today. And on top of that hah, I broke my sprayer on the way out :thumb

1. everyone has those days where you have a bad day and nothing seems to go right.

2. as I pm'd you( I think?) you need to charge more for your servies. Realistically, I can scrap 9+ pieces on any piece of glass and still make money on the job. Not as much as I want, but not losing money.

Just go slow, and take your time. If you have to tell the customer to wait until another day, maybe your not experienced enough to be tackling those piece(s) of glass :thumb

Guest shaver

I have days like this too. Makes you wanna throw your hands in the air and say "fugg it". Especially when your film is out of the roll, and into the trash bag. Dang that sucks to see when you're stressed out.

Some RV windshield can drive ya nuts! Are you using water or dryer sheet? Yes I have those days :spit

Actually, I have been using the bar soap method and it has been working great! But I just have a day here and there where nothing goes right. It rained all day here so I couldnt get anything done. But Tomorrow im going back at it again and im going with a good attitude. Thats usually what happens and things turn out great! The one piece windshields will get cha some times also hehe

Archived