Waterless Car wash Formula

Guest Drummmer69

Guest Drummmer69

Anybody got any experience using the new waterless car wash stuff??? Is it worth the money?

All Ive heard about is good stuff....

I think its a great idea!! (if it works, and doesnt scratch) What a way to go "Green"

Guest execpaintpro

Hey guys. I have had a detail shop for many years and waterless definately has its place especially with all the enviro issues going on across the country. Our shop is in NY so we see the salt, sand, etc on every car. In the winter we use the waterless as a pre-treat prior to a true hand wash to lift the dirt and salt off the car reducing the chance for scratching the vehicle. It works great but like I said has its place. The real benefit of the products is that it opens up new business opportunities I.e. working in aircraft hangers, corporate parks, etc. Depending on the waterless company you work with they also provide other eco-friendly products like tire shine and mulit-purpose cleaner. We use these product everyday and they are very effective. We work on alot of high-end cars both at our shop as well as mobile and to work in the brutal New England winters waterless has enabled us to take care of clients (Garaged, light dirt) very effectively and safely. Hope this helps

Guest scottydosnntkno

I use ONR(optima no rinse) car wash exclusively on my and my families cars, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Its not the cheapest on the market by anymeans, but it allows you to wash your car anywhere, anytime no matter how cold it is. I use it in the winter time to wash the cars in the garage, because we don't have any floor drains to use a hose from the sink out there. I think it works awesome.

I was introduced to it by a friend of my brothers who ran a high end mobile detailing company, and would often work outside at the clients work/office/home, so he didn't always have access to a hose to wash the traditional way. Here is his website to see the caliber of work he does: http://www.scottwax.com/scott/services.htm

If you use it the proper way, which is one towel for washing, one for drying, and only do it one panel at a time as the directions say, then it works perfectly without scratching the clearcoat. Its not meant to be used like a standard car wash soap, where you scrub and scrub to get the dirt off. Its a product that is used every 2-3 days to keep your car clean, and not for cleaning a car with a ton of dirt buildup on it. You also need to use a two stage bucket with a strainer in the bottom, so your cleaning towel isn't resting on the bottom soaking up all the shiat that comes off the car and settles out

Guest GothamAuto@gmail.com

Waterless Car Washing has been around for years, products such as "Dry-Wash" and things like that were some of the first names for it. Dry Wash left spots if you didn't wipe it all off, and sometimes was known to remove clear coat as well.

The products that are around today certainly do work a lot better, but the issue is that most of them work only on cars that only have a very light coat of dust or debris on them. The products are big in Cali, Florida, Texas, and places like that because people in those areas have cars that only come out once or twice a year, and they don't have to deal with road salt and sand like we do here in New England.

Personally, I have a waterless wash system here, but the only time I use it is when I am mobile and in someone's heated garage working on their "Toy" car. I have to go and work on a 2010 corvette soon in a customer's heated garage, so I'll be using it there. I certainly would not use it on anything that was even close to a daily driver, especially during the winter.

Best advice, just like anything else in the detailing industry, try it on an inconspicuous spot first before you go ripping into your clear coat.

Archived