04 tl

Guest turbob5

Hello, Im new tinting cars, but have been doing mobile electronics for 20 years so I decide to get into tint to help out with income. My problem is I did a 04 Acura TL a couple of weeks ago and I used felt on all of the doors. The tint job looked awsome. The customer came in the other day and said the right rear window was squeeking, so I looked at it and the window had pulled the felt down and got glue all over the window, Today he came back to scedule a time to fix it then he told me that the right front window is scratching. I checked the felt on it and it was good I don't understand what is happening. The customer is very cool, but this car a pain in my ***. when I cleaned the rubber to apply the felt I used denatured alcohol and cleaned until their was no black stuff on the towel before I applied the felt. any info will greatly be appreciated.

usually we just scuff w/ sandpaper, wipe down w/ wax & grease remover then apply felt..

I have seen the felt roll off of the lower of the 2 seals sometimes.. so we will wrap it up and over the 'top' of the lower sweep blade.. :spit

Archived