Black Car HORRIFIC swirl marks

Guest awfilips

Guest awfilips

Hey Guys I am brand new to this forum because I've researched a lot online with my paint issue and time and time again this site comes up with some advice but I am unsure to the results.

I've got a black car that was detailed a year and half ago and they did a horrific job. They original buffed the car and left it so damaged that the paint looked flat black there was no shine or luster left in it. I've spent about a thousand dollars with different detailers and body shops trying to "hide" the swirl marks that I've got on the car. The part that makes me mad is that I don't see the swirls marks all the time it is only in direct sunlight or in direct headlights that you can see the marks on the paint. Is it true that you can't honestly fix these swirls but rather you can only hide them for the time being and you need to constantly keep re-waxing and having the car buffed and worked on? I can't keep sending 150 to 200 bucks every 4 to 6 months on this issue. I am getting close to having the entire car repainted strictly because the ENTIRE car has swirl marks and its a 2008!

What's my best options on this issue and how should I attempt to go about this whole issue? It is absolutely driving me INSANE right now!

Everyone's advice that they leave has someone about two comments later that says their original thoughts aren't effective and don't truly work at all. So I am lost what truly does work?! PLEASE HELP I AM GOING INSANE! IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS and I am OCD literally!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awfilips
Once the swirl marks are in there, it's dang near impossible to get them out. Where are You from?

I am from Little Falls, NY. The old posts on here were so promising about swirl marks on a black car. They seem like you can remove them. What's the deal? Wet sanding maybe? I can't paint it white it'd look weird if I left all the trim black on the inside doors and what not and have a black outside.

Once the swirl marks are in there, it's dang near impossible to get them out. Where are You from?

I am from Little Falls, NY. The old posts on here were so promising about swirl marks on a black car. They seem like you can remove them. What's the deal? Wet sanding maybe? I can't paint it white it'd look weird if I left all the trim black on the inside doors and what not and have a black outside.

Hit that baby with some 2000 grit wet and re-buff :dunno

Hit that baby with some 2000 grit wet and re-buff :dunno

shouldnt it matter if its single stage or base coat on how its treated?

he said it's an 08 so I doubt it's single stage.

here is what I like to use 3M system

These are the reason why I don't like black cars and that is why you will pay more$$ for buffing a Black car..or Drak color....

I agree don't repaint.. unless through clear..

Step 1)Wash car with dish soap!

Step 2) Use some 3M finesse II for dark cars with a egg crate looking buffer pad @ 1200 or less RPM.

Step 3) Do it in the shade when the metal is cool to touch not in the sun...

Step 4) do small sections.

Step 5) Take a look in sun make sure you have done it right.

Step 6) wax whole car with canuva was Not the paste.. the elbow type..

Then once done when washing.

step1) rinse car off

step 2) use a car wash type cleaner; Blue coral,etc. that will not remove wax.. DO NOT USE Dish Soap. Will take all your hard work off in one washing.

Step3) use a mitt starting from the top down.. never the other way or your paint will get what they call spiter webs start to show up..

Don't repaint... Just have it or you do it right..

Black is great if it taken great care of.. also if you have to rebuff once every year you may want to look at what you are doing...

Archived