Audi A5 Amp Problem

Guest Crackz

it's funny how after apologizing for being an azz you're still being one.

no im not trying to be but when his comment was what it was yes...but blade you know thats a amp not a power suply ...yes I did apologized and meant it...im not the best typer on emotions if anyone knows you do...it would be nice to have friends and I do....its not like its a point to be a a$$ just only a a$$ to those who are a a$$ to me...you have met just about all that have signed on here and I know youve seen worse...

the whole point is that there should be something else that was missed....why is it that there has been so many of them tinted but know there is this issue with one? they have been out since late o7 released in o8...makes me wonder thats all?

Yea that speaker and its power supply in your retarded video is an EXACT match to the set up in the A5 RIGHT??? :):):):lol2

thats a amp jack a$$ you know your shiznit and the point was that it didnt fry from getting the voice coil wet..lol :bingo

:twocents:twocents

there is not just one with the problem there is a bunch with the problem audi has a dam note on it not to warranty amps in this car a few people here had the issue to

Guest hacklhead

look yall joe said he had sent a guy to do the car and had a problem. was the guy a pro or n/b? did his water bottel come apart ?dont know,BIG picture is audi has its moments and we all had them. all and all ajust your spit for back window on any hole u dont know

Guest tint14u
I just did another A5... this time I popped up the rear deck to see what we are up against...I covered the amp with a towel and plastic and on top of that I put tissue paper on top of the plastic to see if it gets wet... under the rear deck they have a inverted sub woofer and tweeters...so I removed the sub and tweets and went on with the install of the tint ...I soaked the hell out of the rear glass 2 times trying to get the amp wet but no such luck the water does not go down to it not even one drip on the tissue paper ...so in my conclusion the inverted sub has to soak up the water or it goes into the voice coil because it is facing upward and it has to short out the amp ....water never even came close to being near the amp or its wires in the elevated area in the back left rear corner where it is mounted....so I am going to protect the woofer and tweets on these cars in the future.... hope I was able to help you thanks big joe class on glass ps to replace the amp with labor is $1700.00 at audi and they have a bulliten posted about window tinting on that car the car has no warranty on the amp if it was tinted !!!!

as far as a woofer getting wet? there is no posible way it would of fried or distroied the amp........we all get woofers and speakers wet when the tint is applied...I just did a a5 and hed no issues...what is it that it is doing? or is it just not working?

Hey Jeff, this is Kenny from Rays in Jax. I know your true work and the graphics you do with film is off the chain. Havent talked to you in a while. Glad to see your still doing tint. Get at me sometime and well talk. P.S. Im still doing my own damn thing.

I just did another A5... this time I popped up the rear deck to see what we are up against...I covered the amp with a towel and plastic and on top of that I put tissue paper on top of the plastic to see if it gets wet... under the rear deck they have a inverted sub woofer and tweeters...so I removed the sub and tweets and went on with the install of the tint ...I soaked the hell out of the rear glass 2 times trying to get the amp wet but no such luck the water does not go down to it not even one drip on the tissue paper ...so in my conclusion the inverted sub has to soak up the water or it goes into the voice coil because it is facing upward and it has to short out the amp ....water never even came close to being near the amp or its wires in the elevated area in the back left rear corner where it is mounted....so I am going to protect the woofer and tweets on these cars in the future.... hope I was able to help you thanks big joe class on glass ps to replace the amp with labor is $1700.00 at audi and they have a bulliten posted about window tinting on that car the car has no warranty on the amp if it was tinted !!!!

as far as a woofer getting wet? there is no posible way it would of fried or distroied the amp........we all get woofers and speakers wet when the tint is applied...I just did a a5 and hed no issues...what is it that it is doing? or is it just not working?

Hey Jeff, this is Kenny from Rays in Jax. I know your true work and the graphics you do with film is off the chain. Havent talked to you in a while. Glad to see your still doing tint. Get at me sometime and well talk. P.S. Im still doing my own damn thing.

hold shiz-nit its cool as hell to see you on here...hadnt talk, seen, heard, and from you? was wondering myself...hit me up on www.myspace.com/ljrutherford or give me all call 294-tint(8468) are you still in jax? im glad your on your own away from that bs/ off cassat... of course im at rollin sounds blanding...been here for about 8 years and love it! god the memories from rays and the tint we use to sling, dont think ive ever tinted a car that fast, as you and I did in that shop?

Hey guys I know I'm late to this topic but I tinted my windows and now my bass Dosnt work like it normally should. When I play my music high with bass the bass muffles and Dosnt work properly. I think I just need to replace the amp but just wanted to make sure.