ComputerCut is the biggest Joke in the tint industry !!!

jaketuckey

Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I cant say much about computer cut, I use tint tek and sometimes you run into some problems with the patterns being a little off but that problem exist with all the systems. as far as the tint issue...thats your bad for gettin a program through you tint company. change film, or can you?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Have you contacted compcut or your rep for assistance? Not saying your problems aren't legitimate but I've encountered several situations where a lack of initial training wreaked havoc on the usability of the software/plotter.

:imok when I first got my plotter I burned through a ton of vinyl trying to figure out why it wasn't cutting the right size, and making a million adjustments in the program trying to fix it. eventually I called the rep and he had me clean install everything and push this magical code of buttons on the plotter and I was able to measure the cut and then put in the number and it would compensate for it. easy as pie now :imok

this is a joke...been using it for 9years now and never had a problem with patterns...as far as graphics they are way ahead of the game, with importing more than one pattern. I have never had the problem with eating threw film.

You have downloaded 9878 pattens and have cut 11980 times.

The last time you used the ComputerCut application was on:

11/06/2009.

that is how many cuts ive done with coputercut and will only say that your problems would be mainly operators error? with this in mind there is alot of veribles and would say also "I use atr and platnium plus bye Llumar" on this note I would would say keep at it?

this is what computercut does for my shop here in jacksoville

bombsquad1.jpg

Be sure to get a tinsel strip to mount behind the plotter. It rests against the film as it passes through and helps disperse the static electricity. Some films are more troublesome than others.

Call your service center they should supply one n/c :confuse

Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

That is surprising. Kevin has always seemed to have that system fairly dialed in. I have not heard many complain over the years.

film jams are caused from

1. film not being loaded straight and maintaining this. test feeding it to make sure and keeping an eye on it between cuts.

2. pen pressure being set to great, or blade depth out to much, or both.

Static

1. use a tinsil strip or contact the stand maker and get different media stands.

If your machine is set up and you know how to maintain it these are not issues

as for templates not fitting, I think its to be said no on likes laying others patterns. WE ALL CUT THE BEST PATTERNS IF YOU ASK US!! lol

work with what you got. make it work for you. I loved having any systems for back windows and suv back glass's

Guest tintguy31707

I had computer cut from sg about 3 years ago... I agree its a waste of money for my use... the patterns never fit like I wanted them too and I couldnt get a micro edge like I can with my blade. No sense in paying for something you will have to retrim anyway. I never had any problems with the plotter though... I do vinyl graphics and signs so I'm fluent with the machines. I do agree though the patterns did suck... keep in mind this was three years ago so things might have changed by now so I guess my opinion doesnt really count on computer cut anymore.