ComputerCut is the biggest Joke in the tint industry !!!

jaketuckey

Been using my CC lots this week with perfect results. :beer

im using llumar pp and atr with sames results as stan... it sometimes hard to get set up and if your importing patterns off secondary programs other then CC you may run into issues... :thumb

Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

I love mine and could not imagine my shop without it. .. We file/shave all roll ups

Edited by classictint

Been using compuer cut past year and it has been pretty dang close. With the latest update you can make adjustments to common cars you feel like you need to fix and then save that pattern, so next time you cut film for that model type it will ask you if you want to use saved pattern or regular.

For the price I pay computercut, I think its not too bad.

I have Film and Vinyl Designs AND ComputerCut. You can definitely do more with FVD than you can with CC. FVD doesn't hold a gun to your head and force you to buy a particular brand of film either :thumb , Computercut is good but has its limitations. FVD on the other hand is very complete and accurate for the most part. FVD takes a little longer to figure out and get used to, but overall, once you're used to it, you'll come to prefer it over CC. :headbang

CC from my understanding wont even let their customers purchase the subscription to maintain active software if they fall below the minimum film purchase. I only say this because I have recently gotten calls from CC users looking to change due to this. As where if you fall below minimun film purchase, that is fine, you just have to pay for subscription. Most cutting systems out there are to facilitate film sales. Being that if you are buying enough film they will give you a system to use. They dont look at it as a money generating source, but more so a campanion to film as a tool to sell more.