Water tank setup to pressure washer (Wihout a pump in the middle!)

Guest honura

Ok I'm new here and I also see that a bunch of people here ask about this topic. Figured I'd give my insight on this since it wasn't too long ago that I was in the same boat and no one helped me out.

Now you have your water tank "bigger is better" but hey anything will do.

Pressure washer "best ones to use are ones with a static pump.

What is static? Answer: stay's in place/ stands still

Now you need a hose that is at least 3/4 inch to go from the tank to the pressure washer. Anything smaller will not work!!! Even if your pressure washer inlet is 1/2 inch. Trust me!

Your hose fitting at the pressure washer can be smaller but the whole line needs to be 3/4 or bigger to allow heavy flow of water to your pump.

Now!!! some pumps/pressure washers have a small 3/8 black hose that loops from one side of your pump to the other. You need to remove that hose and block the inlet section of it and then reroute the other end back into your tank.

NOTE: If this is not done you will never be able to feed your tank with a tank.

The hose connects to your inlet side of the pump and the high pressure outlet side of your pump. The inlet part needs to be blocked off and other other end just add a longer hose that will feed back into your tank.

That's it! I tried finding pics online but there is nothing on this topic. Maybe I'll just take pics of my setup tomm to show you guys how it should hook up.

Please leave all comments and or extra tips. Thanks

Archived