2010 Mazda 3 Speed

Guest arcwindowtinting

Guest arcwindowtinting

Got one coming in this week. Looks like with that wing on the back its going to be hard to shrink. Anyone done one yet? Had any problems or tips. Thanks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest arcwindowtinting
They are easy. I only take the fin off for ceramic, anything else lays down pretty easy and the fin isn't really an issue.

Thanks man. I'm putting on a ceramic. How hard is it to take off the fin?

Guest tintdude82
the mazdaspeed3 has a large wing that doesnt need to be removed

the regular mazda 3 hatchback should be removed

the regular doesnt have to be removed, slide the top of the film down to where you can shrink it as high as it goes before it bumps the fin ,shrink it up enough to where it covers the top,shrink the bottom cut it as high as you can ,install and trim the rest on the inside its pretty darn simple vip+

the regular doesnt have to be removed, slide the top of the film down to where you can shrink it as high as it goes before it bumps the fin ,shrink it up enough to where it covers the top,shrink the bottom cut it as high as you can ,install and trim the rest on the inside its pretty darn simple vip+

very true, it doesnt have to be removed. I have never removed one. :twocents

very true, it doesnt have to be removed. I have never removed one. :beer

:wall

:) There's these 2 plastic clips that make the wing fit snug to glass, after removing the 4 bolts just pull real hard, it will come off for your disruption free rear glass :hide

So far I haven't worked up the balls to really pull on it. I give it about what I would give the old one or the subaru and it won't give so I haven't removed it on the last 3. You think there is a chance of breaking it?

:thumb There's these 2 plastic clips that make the wing fit snug to glass, after removing the 4 bolts just pull real hard, it will come off for your disruption free rear glass :lol

So far I haven't worked up the balls to really pull on it. I give it about what I would give the old one or the subaru and it won't give so I haven't removed it on the last 3. You think there is a chance of breaking it?

At first I thought it was maybe double stick tape??? :hmmm But don't worry just yank it, once the 4 bolts are off you'll notice it wiggles up and down, I recommend have someone there for back up to hold with you(even though I did it by myself) you'll see it's these 2 plastic clips that hold it, felt like I was almost about to break it and right when I was going to give up "Walaa" it came off :lol , don't worry just need to yank a little harder than the old Mazda 3 :beer

Archived