Tiny air bubbles all over my window after tint job

Guest Fman

Hello,

I just had my boat windows tinted. The tinter did a nice job on cutting and forming the tint to the concaved window, it was not an easy task. However, I notice all these little tiny air bubbles throughout the windows. Will these go away or is he going to have to re-do it or can they be pressed out somehow? He gave me a lifetime warranty and told me to bring them back in so he can see them, it has been about 5 days since the windows were tinted. He used LLUMAR 18% charcoal, they look really nice... only problem is the tiny air bubbles.

Another question, what causes the air bubbles to form like this? Was it poor installation techniques?

Thanks for any help...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could not find the edit button, also wanted to add I have researched this top of air bubbles in new tint jobs and some people are saying they will go away within 3-4 weeks and others say they will not.

Any help appreciated.... thank you.

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Air bubbles will stand out like a sore thumb on the outside with 18%. Air, trapped by dirt looks white against the darker tint and will have a spec of dirt in the center. It will need touched up or redone.

If it looks like a blurry spot from the inside it's just slip. it will dry out.

Guest accurate
If they are air bubbles, they wont go out. If they are water blisters, they will go out. Best bet, is take it back to the installer like he asked you to, he is in a better position than us to let you know.

:lol2

If they are air bubbles, they wont go out. If they are water blisters, they will go out. Best bet, is take it back to the installer like he asked you to, he is in a better position than us to let you know.

:boogie

:twocents again

Guest scottydosnntkno

how old is the car, and do you know if it has been wrecked before? I get a lot of older cars that have welding/grinding slag all over the place, and just makes the job look crappy, but theres not a whole lot you can do about it. Sometimes, stripping the film and scrubbing with steel wool again/razoring VERY carefully will take away most of it, but the bigger ones have actually pitted the glass, so when you remove the metal piece theres still the pit, which will show.

Archived