Whats the coldest temperature you should install

Guest visionwindowfilms

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know the guidlines as to what the coldest temperature recommended for installing window tint to cars?

are you tinting outside or in a heated shop? If in a heated shop, I have tinted cars when the temp outside is -40C and colder. Just make sure you get as much of the slip solution out as possible. If you are outside or in a non-heated shop, just make sure the solution isn't freezing. :hide

I have a car showing up in 45 mins..I have heated shop..Its 11 degrees F. It all depends on what happens to the vehicle for the next 4-5 days while the film is curing. If the custy keeps the car in a garage I will do it...If not I probably won't do it. Its not supposed to get above freezing here for the next few days.

Guest Sunlimited

Worked in something like -15 below for almost a week straight. The shop was heated that wasn't a problem, but while the cars sat outside the slip froze, and made little snowflake like marks throughout the film...

Guest scottydosnntkno
Ah, memories I remember tint snowflakes... They go away but it's pretty funny. My shop was rented from a propane dealer, great heater setup.

:beer

I tint all day long when its cold(15 today) and colder than this with no problems. I bring a propane heater to heat up the garages, so the solution doesn't freeze. Just go over the windows another time or two with a bmax if the customer parks their car outside at night.

I can't count how many times I've had people call and say theres ice under the tint I'm like helloooo I explained that to you last night its why you have to wait a week to roll them down. Geniuses I tell you

Archived