SOLAR FREE

Guest DUKECITYTINT

I use the film for about 40% of the time. I carry a lot of other film as well, just to give my customer variety. I always make it clear to the custies the pros and cons with each film. however, I use solarfree's diamond black line, and I like it a lot. scotty, its not thin by any means... its 1.5 mil, so if you think 1.5 is thin... then what is this world coming to... anyhow, Duke City, for solarfree's price, I think its a great film. That price range, you can find many different films including glue-dyed films (old sunguard stuff) and solargard's lower end films, but solar free shines in that category in my opinion. However, call them up and ask for a sample of Diamond Black. Its good stuff.

Dude...How long have you used it and more importantly, how long does it last?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use the film for about 40% of the time. I carry a lot of other film as well, just to give my customer variety. I always make it clear to the custies the pros and cons with each film. however, I use solarfree's diamond black line, and I like it a lot. scotty, its not thin by any means... its 1.5 mil, so if you think 1.5 is thin... then what is this world coming to... anyhow, Duke City, for solarfree's price, I think its a great film. That price range, you can find many different films including glue-dyed films (old sunguard stuff) and solargard's lower end films, but solar free shines in that category in my opinion. However, call them up and ask for a sample of Diamond Black. Its good stuff.

Dude...How long have you used it and more importantly, how long does it last?

I've used it since August/September of '07... I was using their dyed stamina line, and as TINT mentioned, it was a bit on the thin side for me... but their 15% charcoal matched factory tint spot on. Around this time last year, I started using their Diamond Black line, which is 1.5 mil, and its easy to work with. I've been sticking with it ever since and have had no problems.

I tell this to everybody but, solar free is not the best film, but for its price, its awesome. I don't use their HP line because I prefer lulu's ATR (even though it's three times the price). If you have any more questions, just pm me.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I just switched from solarfree to suntek..I used solarfree for a good 7 months and it was ok for its price but to thin for me and I had alot of problems with dirt particles under it

problems with dirt particles are not a films problem :dunno

I just switched from solarfree to suntek..I used solarfree for a good 7 months and it was ok for its price but to thin for me and I had alot of problems with dirt particles under it

problems with dirt particles are not a films problem :dunno

Scotty's got you there DJ :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
Hes talking about from the manufacture, out of the box, not him with contamination.

did he state that specifically? I would take dirt UNDER the film as in after the installation. Dirt IN the film would be off the roll

:lol

Guest VaTinterPMan

That is what I took it as! I was Assuming. Makes and ass out of u and me but w/e. Ive seen it before a couple of times It happens. Dirt dust small hair anything can get inbetween the liner and film when being made. Some other people have mentioned it before on here. Rare but happens. With the thousands miles of film that is made im surprised it doesnt happen more.

Guest scottydosnntkno
That is what I took it as! I was Assuming. Makes and ass out of u and me but w/e. Ive seen it before a couple of times It happens. Dirt dust small hair anything can get inbetween the liner and film when being made. Some other people have mentioned it before on here. Rare but happens. With the thousands miles of film that is made im surprised it doesnt happen more.

I know I sometimes think the same thing. But then you see the production rooms and the ISO specs and the air filtration systems and the protective coverings and it makes it different

Guest untouchable

With the amount of film that gets put out it is bound to get contaminants once in a while. I have had fly's mosquitoes and the best was a mosquito hawk. :thumb Sorry to get off topic.

Archived