Older 944

Bham

I am new to this site and a new shop owner--but I'm not new to the tint game. I've been tinting windows for about 16 years and have only attemped one 944 backglass. I didn't get it finished and had to let it go with only the sides done, only because the shop I worked for wouldn't let me try it anymore. I wasted to much film.

Now I have my own shop for the first time and what just happens to be my first car. Yep, a late 80's 944s. I mean come on. I've done a few sets of doors with front strips on a few trucks since I opened, but now my first actual car is this. The customer is a friend of mine and will be using the car to race in a stock class road course class. So this is a "buddy deal" and he said he didn't care how many pieces on the back. But he's letting me put my shop logo on his car for advertisement and he is paying for the tint job, even though it's alot less than any normal customer would pay. Never the less I want to get it done right. It's got my name on it.

Long story short, I tried it once in 1-piece and it didn't work. I jumped on Tintdude to see what ya'll had to say and I wasn't happy with what I was finding. Nothing but horror stories across the board. So I tried it again in 2-piece seamless and couldn't get the side fingers to go away. So I guess the third time is the charm. Started to go 2-piece overlapped and wound up 2-piece seamless on the deafroster with only a few minor flaws. Very much clean enough for the difficulty level and the price he payed. I feel pretty good about accomplishing this is only 3 tries and it came out good enough to leave the shop.

Anyway This is Jason from The Drive Shop Window Tinting in Trussville Alabama Thanks for listening and talk to you soon...

Guest GreenCove

last one I did I put in three pieces trimmed on the defroster lines...still takes a while to get all the pieces ready... then you normally have to scrub the nasty muv about three times...they suck

Guest tintdawg

That's so weird I did one on Wednesday. It completely suxd! Did it in three pieces. It was out of the car and the wing was off, so we told the custy to bring it in. When it got here, it was back in the car, no black border and we couldn't get the wing off. Dirty car, but I think it turned out pretty good. Forgot to take some pics though. Before it was done eveyone in the shop messed with that thing. lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
:twocents I'm surprised there are still any on the road.

:beer

last one I had call I told them a price 4x my normal price figuring if he wanted it done, I'd at least make it worth my time and being stressed out over it all day

Archived