Grand Am GT

Guest VaTinterPMan

Guest VaTinterPMan

For pulling the panels, Screw behind the door handle, Pop up window switch ( screw behind there ) Pop out light that isnt a light at bottom left ( screw behind ) and than screw in the middle of panel nothing hiding that one just in plain sight. Give a good hank on the panel from bottom. You can remove just the one behind the door handle and the one in the middle and pop out the top of the panel only but I didn't take a chance cause it was so tight and really hard to snap off panel with all the clips that car has. Than the gasket is not even connected to the panel and pull out.

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Just posting for anyone just in case down the road someone needs help. Love it when something is out there for anyone to find even myself. Especially when I have not done a certain car before. :bingo

Guest scottydosnntkno
I've done a few of these,,,but don't remember needing to pull panels off.... but sure looks hella ezier~

I've never pulled the panels on any pontiac, I think their the easiest cars on the market dunno.gif I'll pull the top rubber surrounds on the g6's, but thats about it

I don't find their seals to be tight at all, and theres lots of room on the sides to slide the film in. Done dozens of them with no problems

Guest scottydosnntkno
agreed... too much work, get an EZ Reach to help slip the film behind almost every car in the world.

I used to use a old red devil that was all melted and jacked on the edge, and then switched about a year ago to an easy reach. Works perfect on every car I've ever tried . I use it to tuck the film, then bmax the window, and then do both edges then the bottom channel with another ezreach again for the final squeegee under the gasket. That one is just for the final touch ups, not pull back gaskets and getting crap on it. I usually go through one gold one every 3-4 cars or a platinum one every 5-6 cars. I have like a stack of them, and switch between gold/plat depending on the day and how I feel. Their like what $1.80 for a gold and $2.30 for a plat, so its cheap insurance to avoid scratching. basically I use a brand new one all the time so that it doesn't scratch the film. if the edge is even remotely scratched, then that one gets put in the tucking stack, which is the one I use to pull back the gasket to tuck, or to heat down a little finger. It usually gets melted after a little while, then I go to the next on the pile.

Guest VaTinterPMan
I've done a few of these,,,but don't remember needing to pull panels off.... but sure looks hella ezier~

I've never pulled the panels on any pontiac, I think their the easiest cars on the market :hmmm I'll pull the top rubber surrounds on the g6's, but thats about it

I don't find their seals to be tight at all, and theres lots of room on the sides to slide the film in. Done dozens of them with no problems

Well thats your opinion but those seals are really tight atleast on that one they were. And there is felt on the channels so why take a chance with cont, when you can pull. only 4 min to take off and 2 to put back on.

agreed... too much work, get an EZ Reach to help slip the film behind almost every car in the world.

How in the world is an extra 4 mins to take off and 2 to put back on to long? and to much work? thats a total of 24 mins total for 4 doors. I would take a outcome of mine with doors off over that of doors on anyday. :bingo Just cause of the felt on the channels.

I used to use a old red devil that was all melted and jacked on the edge, and then switched about a year ago to an easy reach. Works perfect on every car I've ever tried . I use it to tuck the film, then bmax the window, and then do both edges then the bottom channel with another ezreach again for the final squeegee under the gasket. That one is just for the final touch ups, not pull back gaskets and getting crap on it. I usually go through one gold one every 3-4 cars or a platinum one every 5-6 cars. I have like a stack of them, and switch between gold/plat depending on the day and how I feel. Their like what $1.80 for a gold and $2.30 for a plat, so its cheap insurance to avoid scratching. basically I use a brand new one all the time so that it doesn't scratch the film. if the edge is even remotely scratched, then that one gets put in the tucking stack, which is the one I use to pull back the gasket to tuck, or to heat down a little finger. It usually gets melted after a little while, then I go to the next on the pile.

I have tried doing the top half or 2/3's of window roll up release rest of liner than tuck into channels and behind gasket, but hate doing that if I can remove panel real easy. If I cant remove the panel cause its so tight and expensive car I leave it and push gasket down and than pull back up when done tinting. :dunno

Archived