Help with my mk2

Guest mj10

First post here so I'll start off by syaing hi and I'm a complete novice. I'm having trouble doing my rear mk2 clio window. I'd like to do It myself as I've done all the other windows but this one Is proving to be a real PITA. I'm on my second try now and the same things happening. The film has the basic shape of the car now but It Is crinkled all over. Perhaps It's just cheap film I'm using that Is causing this or perhaps (probably) It's me :ninja I can get one small sectioned smoothed out using a hard card coverd In a paper towel then as soon as I move to another area the area that I've just done crinkles up again? Don't know If It makes a difference but I'm using talc to lubricate the film.

So why Is this happening and how can I sort It out?

TIA,

MJ.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest accurate
So why Is this happening........

Uh, could it be because You have no idea what Your doing? I'm just sayin'....... :ninja

That is the most honest answer I have heard in a while........................I like it :lol2

Thanks VIP. Yes only vertically, correct? Frome what I've found on here the mk2 galss Is one of the trickyer ones to do a good job on. I've looked on here for tips etc aswell as watching a few vids on youtube of tinters shrinking a mk2 rear screen. I had fingers running vertically as well as horizontally first but I manipulated the film so they were just running vertically before I started shrinking. But now It all just looks crinkled.

Guest naughtydog

Ok - you will never do that back window as long as you have a hole in your ass!

that is one of the hardest rear window ever - it is the holy grail for a lot of european tinters - they think they have made it when they can do that back window.

I have done about 15 before and it took me 2 attempts last week to do one.

take it to a proper tinter who has done these before in one piece.

Archived