50% VLT on Low E

Good evening!

I am trying to bid a job with Stainless Steel 50 on 16 south facing low-e windows at a furniture store. They have fading issues and the windows block 80%UV. I think it would help.

The window manufacturer states that tint will viod the warranty, so the cust doesnt want to go forward.

The coating is on the inside of the outer pane, number 2 side? I know that can be an issue, but would 50% still be safe?

My first time with this problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

The majority of window manufacturers void the waranty if you apply film, stickers, suction cups, and blinds and drapes within a few inches of the glass.

What does your film warranty say? Does it not include a glass warranty?

The customer is not ready to go forward after spending top dollar on the windows. They want to be able to make a warranty claim if anything happens to the glass. SG only does two years on seal failure. This glass company offered full coverage on the windows, but no seal failure coverage with tint.

Im trying to get SG to talk with them on a technical level and pass the film. I also talked with the glass installer and he put in the call to confirm the window model number and warranty coverage.

Really not a big enough job for all the trouble, but I would like to learn from everyone here what you would do.

The customer is not ready to go forward after spending top dollar on the windows. They want to be able to make a warranty claim if anything happens to the glass. SG only does two years on seal failure. This glass company offered full coverage on the windows, but no seal failure coverage with tint.

Im trying to get SG to talk with them on a technical level and pass the film. I also talked with the glass installer and he put in the call to confirm the window model number and warranty coverage.

Really not a big enough job for all the trouble, but I would like to learn from everyone here what you would do.

present a film with 5yr. seal coverage IMO

How long is their warranty? You need to read the glass warranty. Go on line and search that brand. The majority of manufacturers post their warranty on line.

You mention the glass company, is that the manufacturer or the company who installed the window units offering full replacement? There is a difference. Again, you need to read the warranty of the glass manufacturer.

Read the window film warranty as well.

All the information you need is on those two documents.

Guest tintbuyer

You have additional alternatives - you could sell a UV-film which will reduce about 40% of the causes of fading or a spectrally selective film like V-KOOL 70 that blocks 99% of the UV and half the heat leading to about 53% reduction in the causes of fading.

At the end of the day, you are trying to minimize total solar energy absorption.

Archived