Help with pricing a job

I went on an unusual bid yesterday. Loft like space with 20'-22' tall ceilings, windows are approx. 5' x 4' with 9 individuals panes per window. The total sq ft is approx. 120 for the total job. I will have to use scaffolding to reach windows and I will have to tear down and set-up scaffolding to get to each window. There are to many obstacles to move assembled scaffolding around the work area. I know the pricing rule so feel free to PM or email me at twistedtinter@gmail.com

The questions is what would you up charge for the additional blood, sweat and tears to set-up and tear down scaffolding to reach a 20' tall ceiling 6 times for 1 job?

Do you have any pics of this job??

20 ft or so is not that high as the window sizes you have given are manageable off a ladder. Here is a pic of a small scaffold job done. However almost each window required 2 people and a seam. On this one we hired a scaffold company to set up and take down. Maybe take a pic of the job as then it would be easier to help you determine how to access them maybe you don’t need a scaffold.

2-4intake089-1.jpg

Dude, this is a ladder job. 5'X4' split into 9 sections is what? about 2.25 sq ft for each piece tinted? Thats a no brainer...I have done 6.5' tall x 5' wide @ 20' up from a ladder, so your job shouldnt be too hard. I would up charge the sq ft a bit since it is a bit of a pain, but no scaffold needed!!!

Guest scottydosnntkno
Dude, this is a ladder job. 5'X4' split into 9 sections is what? about 2.25 sq ft for each piece tinted? Thats a no brainer...I have done 6.5' tall x 5' wide @ 20' up from a ladder, so your job shouldnt be too hard. I would up charge the sq ft a bit since it is a bit of a pain, but no scaffold needed!!!

:lol even if the windows are 5'x4' each, on only 120 sq thats not a whole lot of glass. how are the windows arranged? do they go up all 20'? because if their stacked 4'widex5' tall and theres 4 rows going up of them, it would look kind of funny to have a 8' wide 20' high bank of windows :angel

either way, do it the easy way and use a ladder. But if you need scaffold, the HD by me rents indoor scaffold 3'x6' and two sections high are $25/day. I charge my customers cost/delivery+ 50% anytime I need anything special(scaffold, tarps, etc)

I will try and post some pics later today. My concern with an extension ladder is I am not sure I can reach the top row of glass panes. I do not have a lift off that will span the width of the window and secondly,(I HATE BEING HIGH UP ON A LADDER) There is not enough room to use a scissor lift and there will be considerable clean-up on the windows due to age

(I.e. window glaze,spider webs,dirt) so scaffolding would allow me to have a vacuum and materials closer.

I will try and post some pics later today. My concern with an extension ladder is I am not sure I can reach the top row of glass panes. I do not have a lift off that will span the width of the window and secondly,(I HATE BEING HIGH UP ON A LADDER) There is not enough room to use a scissor lift and there will be considerable clean-up on the windows due to age

(I.e. window glaze,spider webs,dirt) so scaffolding would allow me to have a vacuum and materials closer.

Buy a long hose for your vac.!!!....................... :lol2

Archived