Breaking News: 7-years Warranty for Exterior Film

Guest auricwealth

Guest auricwealth
Exceptional Support – The Exterior Film Series, the first exterior product developed under the Vista brand, is backed by CPFilms' market-leading technology and service as well as a 7-year, factory-backed warranty (certain restrictions and limitations apply; please see your authorized Vista dealer for complete warranty details).

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/in...n-83041517.html

Impressive Warranty. :evileye

Guest mikebrooks
Gosh, is this the longest warranty around for external films???

I think so. all the other films I've seen are usually 5yr at best. wait for a few years and see how it actually holds under real world enviornments. then maybe it will be worth it.

even if it is a 7 year warranty, I don't see a reason to back something that's exposed to the elements for that amount of time. I'd still tell the customer a couple years on the warranty but that they'll get more out of it than that depending on exposure. :coffee

even if it is a 7 year warranty, I don't see a reason to back something that's exposed to the elements for that amount of time. I'd still tell the customer a couple years on the warranty but that they'll get more out of it than that depending on exposure. :coffee

I completely agree, and I did find out that Madico does offer 7 years on their exterior. With that said, I do trust Madicos exterior for 7 years, and when presenting the warranty, its gonna say 7 on it, so thats what the customer will expect. It could be worse, if mfgs warrantied commercial application for a lifetime, we'd all be screwed.

Guest auricwealth
Gosh, is this the longest warranty around for external films???

I think so. all the other films I've seen are usually 5yr at best. wait for a few years and see how it actually holds under real world enviornments. then maybe it will be worth it.

I know a tinter got to tint a small building regularly in the past 2 decade because exterior films last about 5 years. So Pardon my ignorance, 7-years is a big breakthrough but it is bad news for the tinter. :coffee

Guest auricwealth

One more point to add, it is mentioned that

The non-stick hardcoat is four times more scratch resistant than traditional Kynar®

I suppose they are right to use another new chemical for the SR coating. If they just made traditional SR coating thicker to achieve the same effect, they got to master the best curving method through trial & error. A Japanese factory tried >3micron thick SR coating and failed because of UV curing issues. (let's not mention names here)

Guest auricwealth

Thanks for the info. Now I know Vista isn't the first.

Archived