Moving from NYC to Florida

Guest nytinter

Guest nytinter

First off..you guys rock and I am new to the tinting business so all the tips and advice I have read and applied is priceless! :evileye

Well, in short I am moving from NYC to the Orlando florida area by late February 2010. I only tint flat glass, residential, commercial and safety/security applications. I guess I wanted to know how is the orlando or daytona area in regards to residential/commercial window tinting clients?

I know Florida is known for mostly houses and condos...BUT is the central florida market a great place for me?

Hit me with it guys/gals...hold back no punches and give me the "Clear-view" lol

-Thanks

Guest teamfutaba
Im going to go out on a limb and say the Central Fla market is saturated. For that matter, The entire Florida market is saturated, As is every warm climate area I know of. Good luck

boy are you in for a shocker... theres lots of business out there for everyone, finding it and keeping it is gonna be a challange. good luck.

Guest Sunlimited

In the opposite situation, I'll be leaving FL next week. NO jobs...I've found the Orlando area is hiring and Miami area is hiring, I'm located in the middle.....2 hr drive to Miami 3 to Orlando....Be VERY sure of what you are getting into, I've found there are more scheemers down here than one can imagine....Good luck.. :coffee

Guest nytinter
why are you moving out of NY???biz slow or other reasons?your the third tinter I heard of that is moving out of NY

the reason why is very much idiotic on my part. I got a super great price on a very beautiful condo out there jttint, lol (hey I am 26 and a bit of a knuckle head at times , lol). Really I should hire the realtor to do some sales for me cuz boy does that guy drive a hard bargain :D

So After weighing the Pros and Cons...I am deciding to STAY here in New York. BUT I still may open a cars-only auto tint and paint protection satellite location in Central Florida.

Man, you guys really have helped me..tintdude is downright the best forum on the web! :lol2

ps: Tom tint that "warm place for shady people" had me :D Dont mind if I use it next time I'm visiting buddies out there, lol!

ITs like me coming to NY and opening a new Pizza place. If your not established for at least 10yrs you gotta compete with the lowlife tinters . You can talk till your blue in your face about how good you are if your new you will be competing with 5 other guys for the same job . You will be bidding with guys that say they are installing llumar and actually are installing dyed film like midas film . Our supplier tells us not to throw out our llumar boxes in the dumpsters because these mobile lowlife go around taking llumar boxes and switch it with no name tints. Its a joke , you go to the flea market and they are doing llumar auto jobs for $89 and the film looks blue when its put on the car .

We keep complaing to llumar about this but they dont seem to care. I got about 5 more years before orlando will be the same as south florida then I am out of the business .

why are you moving out of NY???biz slow or other reasons?your the third tinter I heard of that is moving out of NY

the reason why is very much idiotic on my part. I got a super great price on a very beautiful condo out there jttint, lol (hey I am 26 and a bit of a knuckle head at times , lol). Really I should hire the realtor to do some sales for me cuz boy does that guy drive a hard bargain dunno.gif

So After weighing the Pros and Cons...I am deciding to STAY here in New York. BUT I still may open a cars-only auto tint and paint protection satellite location in Central Florida.

Man, you guys really have helped me..tintdude is downright the best forum on the web! :lol

ps: Tom tint that "warm place for shady people" had me :nope Dont mind if I use it next time I'm visiting buddies out there, lol!

We just did the same thing a couple months ago except its a house and in SW florida. Got a propery manager to rent it out. Tempting to move this time of year. Its beautiful down there. Then comes the summer heat and bugs!

Archived