The crack that wasn't.

Just completed a nice flat glass on laminated glass, looked down and saw what appeared to be a beautiful 8" thermal crack coming up from the bottom of the pane I had just tinted.

Turned out to be a piece of trimmed off film 1/8" wide that had positioned itself perfectly to replicate a crack.

Man was that a close call and for once had gotten away with a bit of luck on my side.

You would have put money on it for something that wasn't in the end. :D

Devil

Guest scottydosnntkno
Just completed a nice flat glass on laminated glass, looked down and saw what appeared to be a beautiful 8" thermal crack coming up from the bottom of the pane I had just tinted.

Turned out to be a piece of trimmed off film 1/8" wide that had positioned itself perfectly to replicate a crack.

Man was that a close call and for once had gotten away with a bit of luck on my side.

You would have put money on it for something that wasn't in the end. :beer

Devil

I love when customers are like what is THIS pointing to a sliver of film on the outside that didn't get wiped off :dunno

I had this exact thing happen to me several years ago. The customer said it was cracked, I even had a glass company come out and look at the window. He could only look at the outside, the crack that was actually a sliver of film was on the inside.. So I ordered the film to replace and met the glass company at the customers house. He was going to install the glass. Good thing I got there first. Nothing needed replaced there was just small 1/16 inch piece of film that had fallen down off the frame. :boogie

Archived