Fresh tint job / Fogging

Guest nypdiddy

Guest nypdiddy

Tinted my new car today.. never tinted one in the winter time. It is like 10 Degrees out. The windows are fogging between the tint and the glass... was find all day but when I got into the car this happend... will it go away.. and is this bad that its so cold out

Guest VaTinterPMan
:dunno first car you've tinted huh? Are you in any rain right now? But this is happening cause you got in the car and its raining or snowing where you are located! It is natural, turn ac on with defroster or just vents, will go away, than when you turn off will re appear. :beer You'll be ok, How good was your first tint job.

Guest nypdiddy

not my first car but first time tinting in this kind of cold weather.. I put the heat on full blast and its still not really going away.. the back window is real bad cant even see out it... not sure if you can put the defroster not sure if it will screw it up or not...

Guest VaTinterPMan

LOL you dont tint, Or you would know you could, Use the A/C with vents or defroster in front and rear defroster will clear right up! You havnt been tinting long a Year it says, only second post! :dunno all newbie questions here! Will be fine man!! What film you use? Or better yet where did you go to get the film?

Guest nypdiddy

I am not claiming to know what im doing thats why im asking I have only tinted a few cars (my own) with help from a friend... He never tinted in this cold of weather either thats the only reason why im asking... im not sure what kind of tint it was.. its a good tint though not cheap

Guest VaTinterPMan

Still :dunno here but still :beer also! So do I know how to point them out or what? IOt fine turn the A/C on with your mild heat or whatever and will go away, Rear Defrosters also is ok. Your friend hasn't done many cars either than. It's just you huh? How big of gap do you have at the top of the window?

Guest allprotinter

How do you know the film is go if you dont know the brand? I tint in cold weather all the time. I get a lil condensation, but not the whole window. You should be able to turn on the rear defrost if the film is a good quality. I turn the heat on and that usally does it. Give it some time, its just the moisture in between the film and glass. If you can park in a garage for a day or two.

Guest nypdiddy

Listen im not claiming to know what im doing my friend did the tints with me and he knows what he is doing.. im on here asking you for your help..and opinions.. I dont wanna screw them up

Archived