Windshield Rock Chip Repair

I am planning on adding this to my services. I actually used to do this for another company and got good at it. My issue is I was looking at tool costs and the tools have completely changed. So obviously their is a whole new way of going about it. Just wondering if anyone else does this and what tools and techniques you might use. I want to make sure that what I do is up to date.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

I would think that just because there is new tools and a new way to do it, if the way/technique you used before worked, then you don't necessarily HAVE to change. Kind of like tinting, theres a guy by me who still wet shrinks every window. Is it the easiest/fastest/newest way? no, but it still gets the job done just the same :cool

Guest tint14u
I would think that just because there is new tools and a new way to do it, if the way/technique you used before worked, then you don't necessarily HAVE to change. Kind of like tinting, theres a guy by me who still wet shrinks every window. Is it the easiest/fastest/newest way? no, but it still gets the job done just the same :cool

Seen it done in my opinion is just replace the glass

There are a lot of systems out there....

Normally I would say look at a company called 'Delta Kits'.... but unfortunately their customer service has been going down hill recently... I would strongly advise you to pass on them

Look into Glass Weld or any number of other systems... they all work well :cool

Guest scottydosnntkno

I've had a few chips repaired before, and if you didn't know you would even be able to tell.

We used to have a $150 glass deductible, and now have a $250 one since it lowered the premiums. A new shield is $155 for my car, so it doesn't even make since to go through the insurance. But, if they will pick up the $75 tab to get the chip filled, then why not do that? Makes it almost invisible, saves it from cracking more, and if it ever does crack you can apply that money towards the new glass

Normally you can hardly tell it's there. Now if it's a crack yeah replace. I usually try to keep repairs under an inch in any direction unless the person is absolutely desperate. One thing to check thouse is some states repairs won't pass yearly inspections, if that is the case, I think your money would be better spent on beer, and just work out a referral kick back from a shop that won't make you look bad.

Guest a1wintinter

:spit There is no deductable in Fl for a windshield.

I have talked to delta, they are a little expensive but not as much as aegis. Does that make Aegis any better? I don't know because all I used to use was a carbide bit and a tripod injector. Which I have seen a couple of on the net just not sure if I would be missing out if I didn't go with something more sophisticated.

Archived