turning into one

Guest drmrjon

Guest drmrjon

This on is turning into a horror story. Tinted a 31 ft 1997 coachman motorhome with 7 sliding windows 2 weeks ago with carbon 18%. Had to drive over 50 miles for the estimate, 50 more to do the job and THEN custy called the next day to complane about some bubbles, so I drove another 50 miles and fixed 2 small windows ( one was and actual bubble and the other was a hair ). I asked if there were any other windows that needed attention, she said no. Well, 2 weeks later I get a call complaning about more bubbles that just popped up. Trying to have her explane excatly what the bubbles were I had her take pics and email them to me. It looks like there was a little contamination behind the film on some of the edges on 2 windows. When I first quoted the job I explaned that with the age of the motorhome and all the dust and dirt that there I couldn't prevent to contams. Well NOW she has move over 90 miles away and ether wants it fixed or no film at all. I don't know if I should call a tinter in her area and pay them to fix it, or give here here money back and drive to here and remove the film. Ether way I loose. Motorhomes :trustme

No way I would give her any money back.

You explained the situation before hand, made an attempt to fix it....

Tell her that and if she would really like for you to take one last look at it have her drive it to you. I mean for goodness sake it drives!

Motor homes and Travel Trailers are notorious for using very cheap glass. I have had glass before that sounded like sandpaper when I was using a razor blade to scrape it. And you can guess the result, lots of specks under the film because if you try and scrape the glass you can do worse, scratch the glass. Many, many times I have ran across glass in these type vehicles that had a rough surface.

Guest drmrjon

UPDATE...... I payed an installer 90 miles from me in the custies new area. He said that the install was as good as it could be for how dirty and old the rv is. Haven't herd from custy yet.

PS. Thanks Randy, checks on it's way dude.

Archived